Week of March 23rd, 2015
"Spring is nature's way of saying, 'Let's party!'"
This Week's News
Kelly: Kelly Burnett recently had surgery and is at home recovering. She wanted you all to know she is focusing on recovering and doesn't need anything at this time but she knows we are thinking of her.
NEE Units of Instruction and Professional Development Plans: You may have heard that UOI and PDPs will be a part of NEXT year's NEE process. I promise that these expectations are very much aligned with our Data Teams and RV work and will be "real work". We can do them as a group or grade level. This is not something that you need to think about now, but I wanted it on your radar. If you want more details you can ask our Curriculum Council reps: Gretchen, Jaysa or Nicole or me.
Watch the Zones: Just a reminder to watch the zones at recess, as always. We appreciate all you do to keep our students on track, especially now that spring is in the air.
Grade Level Work
- 3rd, 4th and 5th: MAP Planning
- K, 1st, 2nd: Student Growth-Reviewing the school wide data spreadsheet (it will be provided for you)
It mattered to that one...
Lit Loop students celebrated their reading by meeting author/illustrator, Henry Cole. They watched him draw this alligator to music!
3rd Grade loved the Nelson Atkins Museum of Art
** If you don't see your event (including field trips) on this newsletter please let me know so I can update it and the master calendar.
- 5th Grade Math Challenge Club @ 7:45 Room 234
- Happy Birthday, Gerri Lakes!
- Kindergarten Round Up 6:30-8:00
- RV Staff Easter Egg Hunt in the LMC at 8:15
- Whole Child Cadre @7:45
- 2nd Grade Music Program @6:30 in the gym
- Happy Birthday, Dan Davies!
30th - April 3rd
- Spring Break: No School
- Happy Birthday, Tammy Friend!
- MAP window: April 21st-May 15th. Specific dates will be shared next week so you can share with parents at that time.
- Leadership Assembly: May 8th
- Awards Ceremony Day: May 15th (times TBD)
- Field day or Move Up Day Make Up: May 18th
- Move Up Day or Field Day Make Up: May 19th
- Last Day of School: May 20th