High School & Beyond Plan Update
Welcome to the 2020/2021 school year!
Greetings from the High School and Beyond Plan (HSBP)Office.
We want to welcome you to the 2020/2021 school year! We miss seeing students in the halls, so we decided the next best thing is to connect with students and parents through a newsletter. Remember, the HSBP is a graduation requirement that students update each year, beginning in Grade 8.
Our September newsletter contains information about the HSBP (an introduction & HSBP requirements refresher) and instructions for students to join our Schoology Course.
We are so glad that you are here!
Video introduction to the HSBP
Required Elements of the High School and Beyond Plan
- Identification of your career goals using career interest inventories.
- Identification of your educational goals.
- A four-year course plan with an individualized personalized pathway that fulfills graduation requirements and aligns with your career and educational goals, with information about academic acceleration (RCW 28A.320.195), dual credit courses, Career and Technical Education programs, and and documents your chosen graduation pathway(s) and postsecondary plan.
- By the end of 12th grade, a current résumé.
- If you have not met standard on your state assessment, this plan must include interventions and academic supports, additional courses, or both that will enable you to meet the high school graduation requirements.
- Evidence that you have received information on federal and state financial aid programs.
The requirements of the High School and Beyond Plan are described in RCW 28A.230.090 and in WAC 180-51-220. Decisions about whether a student has met the requirements for the High School and Beyond Plan are made locally per RCW 28A.230.090.
Students: Join our Schoology Course today!
HSBP Google Classrooms (from Spring 2020) will be archived on September 25th.
Directions for completing HSBP tasks have been created and uploaded in to HSBP Schoology courses for students. The Join Code for Kamiak
- Class of 2022: WK72-K7F4-352J9
- Class of 2023: MXWC-2MXM-D7D82
- Class of 2024: 8F2D-ZDMN-PXKXT
Please Note: HSBP Google Classrooms (from Spring 2020) will be archived on September 25th.
To join a Schoology course:
- Students, login to Schoology.
- From the top menu click "Courses" (should be next to the Mukilteo SD Logo).
- On the right there is a link that says, "My Courses", click on it.
- To the right there will be a button that says, "Join Course", click the button and add the join code.
VIDEO resource from another school district that shows students, step-by-step, how to join a Schoology course using a join code: