Wolf Pack News
Hello Wolf Pack!
We have made it! Winter break is around the corner! I hope that everyone takes some needed time to rest and connect with family in a socially safe way!
In the coming week, our TAF@SGH family will be on a mission to make meaningful connections with families and support our kids in demonstrating high levels of learning through Exhibition 1. Just-in case you are marking your calendars, we completed our SLCs last week, this is the final weekend before Exhibition 1 (2 school days way), and there are ONLY 5 school days until winter break! WOW! We have a lot of learning and growing to do in 5 days. I know that it WILL be an awesome experience. Our teachers and our scholars will shine like diamonds at the end of the process! I can’t wait!
In this moment, I’m reminded of my favorite Marvin Gaye and Tammy Terrell song… Ain't No Mountain High Enough! While we may need to use ALL of our energy this week to persevere to the finish line, I know we will make it! Ain’t no mountain high enough to stop that! 😊
Ain’t No Mountain High Enough - https://youtu.be/-C_3eYj-pOM
Next Wolf Pack Family Zoom December 16th.
We value your voice and hope to see ALL of our families there on Wednesday!
December 16th 6:00 - 7:00pm
- Technology Access Foundation and Tech Updates
- Information about the School Based Health Center that is slated to open in January
We are excited to share this information with you and look forward to answering any questions you may have on these or any other important topics.
Choice Enrollment Begins January 4th!
Are you Interested in staying at TAF@SGH for high school? Choice Enrollment for the 2021-2022 School Year is open from January 4th - February 17th. More details to follow.
We WANT your feedback!
Each year Federal Way Public Schools provides surveys to our students, staff and parents to understand areas where we’re succeeding and act upon areas where we can make improvements.
This year, there are two short surveys where you can share your feedback. Your feedback is critical to helping us improve, and we’re aiming for 100% participation. Completing both surveys should take a total of approximately 5-10 minutes.
Survey 1: https://surveys.panoramaed.com/federalway/family2020
Survey 2: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/FWPSwinterSurvey
Your feedback is valuable and can help us support our scholars’ academic and social emotional needs and build stronger family partnerships. Thank you for your participation!
TAF@Saghalie's EXHIBITION 1
Tuesday, Dec. 15th, 8am
Teacher Virtual Classrooms December 15th from 8:00 - 12:40.
6th Grade Silver House
Ms. May https://fwps.zoom.us/j/92454150378
Mr. Tracy https://fwps.zoom.us/j/91372618859
Ms. Nilsen https://fwps.zoom.us/j/99116836901
6th Grade Black House
Ms. Lewis https://fwps.zoom.us/j/98761229253
Mr. Chin https://fwps.zoom.us/j/92451908290
Mr. Bacon https://fwps.zoom.us/j/96667030583
7th Grade Silver House
Ms. Brown https://fwps.zoom.us/j/99519615419
Ms. Herron https://fwps.zoom.us/j/99519615419
Mr. Leacy https://fwps.zoom.us/j/99519615419
7th Grade Black House
Ms. Henry https://fwps.zoom.us/j/94596017393
Ms. Wilson https://fwps.zoom.us/j/94596017393
Ms. Rohloff https://fwps.zoom.us/j/94596017393
All 8th Grade https://fwps.zoom.us/j/92268562018#success
Free Farm Food Boxes
We are excited to announce Pacific Coast Harvest and the Washington State Department of Agriculture are partnering to provide farm boxes for FWPS families! Starting December 7, the free farm boxes are available while supplies last.
Boxes are limited to one box per family.
Monday, December 14, and January 4; between 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., or as long as supplies last. (Due to Winter Break, farm boxes won’t be served on December 21 or 28)
Content in boxes will vary based on availability.
Important location information:
- The distribution will operate as a drive-thru pick-up.
- Do not arrive before 9:55 a.m. to prevent traffic extending out into the public street.
- All families must remain in their vehicle.
- Federal Way High School, 30611 16th Ave. S. Federal Way 98003
COLLEGE AND CAREER UPDATES
- Congratulations to Aiden B. for his admissions to Seattle Pacific University, Central Washington University, and Northern Arizona State University! Congratulations to Gabrielle H. for her admission to Central Washington University! Congratulations to Vian R. for her admissions to Northern Arizona State University!
- 50% of all TAF seniors have completed their financial aid applications--great job to all seniors who got their FAFSA or WASFA done already! For seniors who still need to complete this important step in getting money for college or vocational training after high school, start here: https://readysetgrad.wa.gov/WASFAelig. If you need help with your online financial aid forms, please make a confidential appointment with Ms. Sarah or Ms. Benitez, who can assist you.
- Seniors - have you ordered your cap and gown yet? Discount pricing is still available through December 15th. Click on this link for more info: https://www.jostens.com/
CCR News for all grades:
- There are new scholarships and other exciting opportunities posted on the TAF College & Career Readiness "Portable C" virtual bulletin board. The bulletin board is updated weekly--bookmark it and keep checking throughout the school year.
- We recently had a CCR Wolfpack Time lesson on email writing etiquette. Students: have you had a chance to practice your email writing skills lately? Send a note to one of the CCR team to say hello, and be sure to use a subject line, a greeting line, a signature line, and appropriate language. What other CCR or post-secondary skills do you want to learn this year? Email Ms. Sarah at email@example.com, or Ms. Monique at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Wondering what you need to do in MaiaLearning.com? View your grade level High School and Beyond Plan checklist here (available in multiple languages).
- In Barbara Jackson's Business Class, we have had a guest speaker come in every week to talk to the students about what it takes to be an entrepreneur, marketing strategies, branding, and finance. Students have and will have the opportunity to talk and work with CEO and Co-founders from companies such as Fresh Chalk, Own Trail, Joywell Foods, Glowforge, NEU, PopSmartKids and Spark Toro.
Wellness 4 Wolves
Help increase resilience in yourself as well as in your children! The Wellness 4 Wolves
program meets Mondays at 5:00 via zoom. Our next meeting is Monday, January 11th.
Here's the zoom link: https://fwps.zoom.us/j/91213418564
The FWPS Highly Capable Referral is now open through Jan. 8, 2021
Highly capable students are students who perform or show potential for performing at significantly advanced academic levels when compared with others of their age, experiences, or environments. Outstanding abilities are seen within students’ general intellectual aptitudes, specific academic abilities, and/or creative productivities within a specific domain. These students are present not only in the general populace, but also are present within all protected classes.
The Highly Capable Program ensures a continuum of services is provided for designated scholars K-12. Upon designation, services for scholars will continue each year until a scholar exits the FWPS system (graduation or moving out of the FWPS service area).
Interested in referring your child? Fill out this form: https://tinyurl.com/y5m44mcj
Need more information visit: https://www.fwps.org/Page/386
Because of You Nominations
Calling all scholars in grades 3-12: Nominate a staff member for the Because of You Award!
Students in grades 3-12 are invited to nominate any Federal Way Public Schools staff member in the district they believe has positively impacted them, their school, and/or their community for the “Because of You” award!
Students can fill out a nomination form on the district’s website at www.fwps.org/BecauseOfYou. All nomination forms are due by end of month.
Multicultural Club meets Mondays from 2:30 - 3:00, our first meeting was a huge success!
If you interested in joining please contact Kim Foster at email@example.com or click on the flyer for the Zoom link.
SCHOOL TO YOU
Here's a link to the District page: https://www.fwps.org/Page/7901