The Borromeo Bulletin - #12
Home of the Bobcats: November 21, 2020
Thoughts from Dr. Voelkl
Blessings to all of our Saint Charles Borromeo families. It always seems appropriate at when we enter the middle of November to take a few minutes to give thanks for all of the blessings in our life ESPECIALLY this year! While at times these blessings can be overshadowed by our struggles or forgotten in the midst of chaotic schedules they never cease to exist. Just as our blessings should not be forgotten, our opportunities for giving thanks should not be limited to one day. There is much research that shows that we can actually improve our physical health simply by showing gratitude, by each and every day taking just a few moments to appreciate the food we fill our plates with, not the dirty dishes left behind and the laughter of our children not the toys left in the aftermath. This message is easy to send. It is easy to tell people to show gratitude and to be grateful. It is harder to do so. So as we approach this year's Thanksgiving holiday I offer my thanks for you, for sharing your little blessings with me, for sharing your time with me, for sharing your thoughts, cares, questions, gifts and talents with me. I also offer my prayers to you that when you hear the message of giving thanks and you find opportunities to be gracious you take them. It is too easy to give thanks just one day a year. There are so many days to be thankful for the blessings in life.
Warmest blessing for a season of Thanks filled with abundant joy....
PLEASE CONTINUE TO REMAIN MINDFUL OF THE FOLLOWING...
- If anyone in the household is being tested every member of the household should remain at home until results have been obtained.
- Please to continue to keep children at home if they are exhibiting symptoms.
- While the governor's office shared new directives, the diocese has continued to reiterate that we are still under the guidelines of the CDC and the local St. Charles County Health Authority. We will continue to update you as we learn more. Saint Charles County Health is taking the week to further review data, information and policies and will share additional updates next week. Thank you for your patience!
A continued reminder...We are also working with each grade level to determine the best and most convenient formats for submitting work. Some teachers did suggest that a clipboard would also be helpful for holding work items up and taking photos if necessary.
While it is NOT our intent or desire at this time to move to a virtual format we do want everyone to be prepared should we have to make this transition. Some items to consider, do you have...
- a workstation / desk with ample space and appropriate lighting and seating
- necessary school supplies including sharpened pencils and/or a pencil sharpener
- plain paper, lined paper, and possibly graph paper
- printing capabilities
- whiteboard and dry erase markers (teachers have found these to be very helpful when calculating math problems and sharing answers)
- an alarm clock :-), students will be expected to begin their virtual day at the regular start time
- a visible calendar or planner to keep track of due dates, assignments etc.
Athletic Association Updates
Where can I find...???
Where can I find the link for Spiritwear? On the FACTS homepage
Where can I find the Sign Up Genius for BASK? On the FACTS homepage
Where can I find more info about SCRIP? On the FACTS homepage
Where can I find the Teacher Wish List? On the FACTS homepage
Where can I find more info about Box Tops? On the FACTS homepage
Where can I see changes in the calendar? At the end of this newsletter.
Where can I find websites??? There are so many at the end of this newsletter... check them out! And follow us on Facebook- we are pretty fun!
Where can I find upcoming events? At the end of this newsletter. We will bold the new items for you each week
If your child is sick, please notify Mrs. Quarando at firstname.lastname@example.org
We have found that the "gators" are used for many things, not just covering the mouth. They have become a distraction rather than a barrier for Covid. We ask that you kindly do not purchase any more for school after Thanksgiving. If your child needs multiple reminders we will offer them a standard mask. Thanks for your help!
If your child has allergies, please get a note from your doctor. Allergy symptoms mirror Covid-like symptoms. If we do not have a note from your doctor stating they have allergies, your child we be sent home.
PLEASE go to FACTS and fill out the medical portion of each child. It is very important for us to know about your child. Please let us know any medication they may take in the morning- ADHD, Allergy, etc
THANK YOU to ALL of the parents who have continued to share special snacks, treats etc. with our teachers. It is never expected and ALWAYS appreciated!
THANK YOU to ALL of the families that donated masks to our nurse's office.
THANK YOU to Nurse Casey for her handiwork in assisting with the assembly of our new outdoor tables.
THANK YOU to the families whose generosity allowed us to purchase additional outdoor students for our families and teachers.
THANK YOU to the families who supported our 7th grade students in their efforts to raise funds for a local family whose home was lost in a fire.
If you have some free time, we would love your help! Volunteers have always been such a huge blessing to us. We have found a way for you to help
Can you help once a month???
We would like to collect food for our Mini Vinnie Program. This program helps feed many families in the Orchard Farm school district. Please help as much as you can!
Dec 7: It's Chilly Out There: 15 oz. Chilli
Jan 11: Soup-er Bowl: Condensed Chicken Noodle, Condensed Tomato, Non-Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup, Non-Condensed Beef & Vegetable
Feb 1: Snack Attack: Rice Krispie Treats, Ind. Cheez-its, 6 pack Cracker sandwiches, Pudding, Ind. Cookie Packages, Pudding Cups
Mar 1: Be Cheesy: Mac N Cheese boxes
Apr 19: Grains For Brains: NutriGrain Breakfast Bars, Granola Bars
May 3: It's What For Breakfast: Full Size Boxes of Cereal
New info is Bold.. this is just to help keep you updated.... please look at our google calendar as well.
* Nov 23: Spirit Dress down day
* Nov 25: NO SCHOOL!!!!!!!
* Nov 26-27: Thanksgiving break
* Nov 30: Spirit Dress down day
* Dec 2: First Reconciliation
* Dec 4: Dismiss at noon- CHANGE-FULL DAY OFF
* Dec 7: Spirit Dress Down Day- It's Chilly Out There: 15 oz. Chilli
* Dec 14: Spirit Dress Down Day
* Dec 21: Spirit Dress Down Day
* Dec 22- CHANGE- DISMISS AT NOON
* Dec 23- Jan 4: Christmas Break- No School
* Jan 11: Spirit Dress Down Day-Soup-er Bowl: Condensed Chicken Noodle, Condensed Tomato, Non-Condensed Chicken Noodle Soup, Non-Condensed Beef & Vegetable
* Jan 18: No School MLK Day
* Jan 25: Spirit Dress Down Day
* Feb 1: Spirit Dress Down Day- Snack Attack: Rice Krispie Treats, Ind. Cheez-its, 6 pack Cracker sandwiches, Pudding, Ind. Cookie Packages, Pudding Cups
* Feb 8: Spirit Dress Down Day
* Feb 12- Dismiss at Noon
* Feb 13-14: LUKE 18 - In person retreat
* Feb 15- No School- Presidents Day
* Feb 16- Spirit Dress Down Day
* Feb 22: Spirit Dress Down Day
* Feb 26 -27: LUKE 18 - Virtual option
* March 1--Spirit Dress Down Day- Be Cheesy: Mac N Cheese boxes
* March 5: Dismiss at noon
* March 8: Spirit Dress Down Day
* March 15--Spirit Dress Down Day
* March 22--Spirit Dress Down Day
* March 29--Spirit Dress Down Day
* April 1: Dismiss at noon- NO BASK
* April 2-12: Spring Break
* April 19--Spirit Dress Down Day
* April 22: Confirmation 7PM
* April 24: 1st Communion
* April 19--Spirit Dress Down Day
* April 26--Spirit Dress Down Day
* May 3--Spirit Dress Down Day
* May 3-5: 8th Grade Camp
* May 5-7: 6th Grade Camp
* May 7: May Crowning
* May 10--Spirit Dress Down Day
* May 14: Field Day
* May 17--Spirit Dress Down Day
* May 24--Spirit Dress Down Day
* May 21: 8th Grade Graduation 7:00 PM
* May 28- Last day- Dismiss at 11!!!!
Check out our Preschool students and see what they are learning
We are constantly growing and learning.... see what we do when we aren't at home!
Ever wonder what goes on with our Youth Group? Here is your opportunity!
Great opportunity to share with fellow SCB parents. This is a closed group, so only SCB families may join
Stay up to date on important Home and School events and activities