Pilgrim Lutheran- October 17-21
The Lord is merciful and compassionate, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.
-Psalm 14 5:8
- Every scholar is forever growing in their love for Jesus.
- Every scholar is reading and performing math at or above grade level and is prepared for the next grade level, high school, college, and beyond.
- Every scholar is developing positive, life-long character virtues to become tomorrow’s leaders.
We were one point away from meeting our 96% attendance. Shout out to K4B, K5, 3rd, 6th, 7th, and 8th for meeting our goal!
FISH NOTE SHOUT OUTS:
- Shout out to Mr. Driscoll for incorporating the J factor in gym class!
- Shout out to Mrs. Rupprecht/Ms. Wilde for covering classes so their colleagues could participate in an interview!
- Shout out to Ms. Wilson for having a guest observer!
- Shout out to Mr. McCrary/Ms. Wilde for attending HS Night!
- Shout out to interns for coordinating HS Night!
Message from Ms. Neiman/Ms. Poe
Thank you for all your hard work this week! Please see some updates for this week:
As a building, we met one of our walk through goals this week! Thank you for ensuring that 100% of Pilgrim classrooms had daily agendas with dates posted. 90% of Pilgrim classrooms had objectives posted, 95% of Pilgrim classrooms had uniform/attendance trackers completed, and 66% of Pilgrim classrooms in Grades K4-5 had their Guided Reading Groups posted…let’s aim for 100% on all of these benchmarks for next week!
In addition, walk through observations detail that classroom teachers continue to utilize STAR and voice level zero. Please continue to practice your dance moves and start all lessons by stating or having a scholar read the objective. Remember all scholars should be able to state the objective their class is working on mastering and why it is important.
Thank you for ensuring that collaboration logs are turned in by 7:00PM on Wednesday evenings and lesson plans are turned in by 7:00PM on Friday evenings. Our goal is that 100% of collaboration logs will be turned in and 95% of lesson plans will be turned in on time. Please remember that grades 3-8 should have guided notes for reading comprehension.
Here are our %’s for the week:
100% of collaboration logs were completed on time.
90% of lesson plans were completed at the end of Friday evening.
I will not be having 1:1 meetings this week with teachers as I will be using this time to do more detailed observations. If you would still like to meet, please contact me and we can still keep our meeting time. Ms. Poe will still be meeting with teachers for 1:1 culture coaching this week.
As we have had some people request days off, I wanted to remind you that when a person who is assigned to the duty is out it is the homeroom’s teacher responsibility to cover the duty.
Please continue to pray for Ms. Mannisto as she begins observing in the K4 classrooms! We look forward to our school wide art program resuming on Monday, October 24th. The candidate we had for science did not work out, but we are trying to schedule an interview with another candidate for early next week.
Dream box and Khan Academy:
Thank you to Mrs. Johnson for assisting our scholars and teachers in preparing for successful implementation of Dream Box. We look forward to her meeting with our middle school scholars next week. Please remember our school goal is 100% of classes in Grades K4-4 will be on Dream box and Grades 5-8 on Khan Academy for a minimum of 90 minutes a week.
Shout out to Ms. Wilson and Mrs. Korban’s class for meeting their in class goals this week! Ms. Wilson’s class was on Dream box for 91 minutes at school this week and Mrs. Korban’s class was on Dream box for 100 minutes this week.
Please remember to create a log for online learning programs. Scholars should be using these in the evening and tracking the amount of the time they spent on the program. For Grades K4-5, they should have one form for reading and math. Grades 6-8 would just have a form for Khan. If you need assistance with this, please let me know.
Our scholars in Grades K5-5 should continue to use Raz Kids during a center rotation and at home. Classrooms are currently averaging around 35 minutes a week; we want to increase this number to 60-90 minutes in between centers and at home a week.
Shout out to these scholars for having the most minutes on Raz Kids:
1st Grade: Reni Walker 1 hour and 13 minutes
2nd Grade: Dareon Roby 1 hour and 56 minutes
3rd Grade: LaJala Brown 3 hours
4th Grade: Cameron Watson 1 hour 5 minutes
5th Grade: Kyren McNeil 1 hour and 28 minutes
PD for this week:
Monday- Collaboration Time 3:50-4:30PM
Wednesday- PD at NW on Clear Directions- 2:00-4:15PM. Bring your insurance card if you would like a flu shot.
Thursday- PD at Pilgrim 4:00-4:30PM
Important points from PD this week:
1. Parents should be contacted prior to a referral at least twice. Shout out Ms. Werner, Ms. Rupprecht, Mr. McCrary, and Mrs. Strege for consistently reaching out to parents!
2. At least 7 -10 least invasive strategies should be used and then at least 1 consequential strategy - See Handout from PD.
3. Document behavior in Skyward.
Thank you for ensuring every minute matters! There was a total of 205 bathroom breaks at approximately 2 minutes each, totaling approximately 2 hours of instructional time; this has decreased one hour. Great work!
Please make sure all students in the Green room (8th grade room) are signing in and out. I would like to shout out Ms. Lyskawa who only had 30 bathroom breaks for this week.
We hope that you have a fabulous weekend and take some time to rest!I God bless you!
Calendar Week of October 17th-21st
Monday, October 17th
- 8:00-10:00 Neiman meeting with new K4 teacher, Stephanie, on board
- 9:30-12:00 Poe covering McCrary. Mr. McCrary at NW observing.
- 11:40-12:30 Ms. Lawrence covering Poe leadership class
- 1:15-2:15 CFUT meeting with Neiman
- 3:00-4:30 Choir Info Meeting
- 3:00-4:30 Neiman/Poe Meeting
Tuesday, October 18th
- 7:30-11:30 Dean meeting (at St. Martini)
- 10:30 - 12:30 Professional pictures taken of Pilgrim - make sure scholars are in uniform
- 2:00-4:30 Principal Meeting
- 2:30 Poe/McCrary 1:1
Wednesday, October 19th
- PICTURE DAY! NO VISION MEETING!
- 8:30-9:00 Neiman/Poe Meeting
- 9:00-11:00 Susan and Nicole STCM
- 9:00-11:00 Poe STCM
- 11:30 Poe/Korban 1:1
- 2:00-4:20 PD at Northwest
- Submissions for newsletter
- Collaboration logs due
Thursday, October 20th
- Neiman out of the building until 11:00
- 7:30 Poe/Davis 1:1
- 10:00 Poe/Driscoll 1:1
- 11:30 Neiman/Shaun meeting
- 12:30 Neiman/Jenna meeting
- 1:00 Fire Inspection
- 1:00 Neiman meeting with student
- 1:30 Neiman meeting with student
- 2:00 Budget meeting at Pilgrim
- 3:50 Pilgrim PD
- 4:15-7:00 Poe ELP
Friday, October 14th
- Poe Off
- Strege Off (Driscoll covering--NO gym. Mr. McCrary covers extra MS class. Neiman covers last ten minutes of HS prep)
- 8:00-9:00 PD planning committee
- 10:00-12:00 Neiman STCM
- 12:20-12:30 Neiman covering 8th
- Lesson Plans due by 7:00PM
- Teaches Grades K4-5 have GR groups posted.
- All grades are updated in Skyward by 9:00PM on October 23rd.
- Teachers turn SWAG certificates to Ms. Poe by October 26th.
- Teachers send home progress reports for Grades K5-8- October 24th and November 11th.
- November 10-14 final post writing assessments for Grades K4-8.
- All grades must be entered by November 30 by 10:00PM.
· 100% of Classroom Libraries are leveled and books in classroom libraries are inventoried in google sheet.