SP Professional Learning Day
May 7, 2018
Goals for Today
- Finding your passion. What do you stand for?
- Identify areas where our students are struggling- The Writing Project
- Intro to the Professional Learning Blog and Twitter
- What's on YOUR mind?
Finding YOUR passion
* In one minute, "sell" your passion to your partner.
* In 30 seconds, your partner should summarize what you said.
* Switch roles.
Where are your students struggling?
* Forget tests, forget grades. What do YOU see happening in your classroom?
* Academic struggles?
* Behavioral struggles?
* What are we going to do about it?
* Who would I follow?
Try these to start. Look for educators who teach the same subjects/grade levels you're teaching. They will lead you to more and more! Find ideas, learn new things, communicate with people across the world!
What's on YOUR mind?
(This could be: an idea for next year, a challenge you've had this year, something you want to learn more about, something good you saw, a positive lesson you taught, etc.)
- Be ready to share!