Third Grade Cardinal Chronicle
November 13, 2015
Ms. Grubbs's Class
Follow us on Twitter: @jamie_grubbs
Upcoming Dates to Remeber
November 25-27 Thanksgiving Break
Next Week's Special Area Classes
- Monday- Day 4 PE
- Tuesday- Day 5 Music
- Wednesday- Day 6 Art
- Thursday- Day 1 PE
- Friday- Day 2 Music
ALL FOR BOOKS!
Thank you for sending in your spare change. Our class was able to purchase $50 in books from the book fair!!!!! This money also helped us get more books for our school AND books for a school in need of books.
What's Happening in Ms. Grubbs's Class
- We will continue our small reading groups. Ask your child what book we are reading in our small group.
- Students will continue to learn about strategies when reading independently.
- We will continue looking at and investigating nonfiction books.
- We will also be looking at different nonfiction features.
- We will continue our daily 5 activities where we will read, write, and do word work.
- We will continue learning about the concept of division and look at ways to solve a division problem.
- We will look at how multiplication and division are related.
- We will continue with math workshop where the students practice math alone, with partners, and in groups while I get to know the students better as mathematicians.
- We will begin to explore nonfiction authors and the reasons for writing a nonfiction book.
- We will continue to write about topics of our choice.
We will continue our Economy Inquiry Unit, where the students will learn about the economy through hands-on learning experiences. They will work in a group to decide on a business idea, write a business plan, produce a product, make an advertisement, and sell their items at a Market Day event.
Look for more details coming soon!!