Things To Do in Hartford
Friday, December 13th 2013
Things To See and Do
- Free Ice Skating and free skate rentals from 11 am until 8pm at Bushnell Park! Visit http://www.hartford.com/event/winterfest-ice-skating-3/2013-12-13/ for more information.
- Approximately half a mile from the capitol, the Wadsworth Antheneum is a highly-rated art museum. Open 11 am until 5 pm on Fridays. http://www.wadsworthatheneum.org
- With nature trials and an indoor Discovery Center, Dinosaur State Park is about 15 minutes from the Capitol in Rocky Hill, CT. Open 9 am until 4:30 pm. http://www.dinosaurstatepark.org
- The Children's Museum in West Hartford. Open 9 am until 4 pm. http://www.thechildrensmuseumct.org
- Geared towards children ages 1 to 8, Kidcity Children's Museum in Middletown, CT is about 20 minutes from Hartford and is open from 9 am until 5 pm. http://www.kidcitymuseum.com
Places To Eat-These are among the highest rated options on tripadvisor.com.
- Family friendly with soups, salads, sandwiches and pizza: First & Last Tavern located at 939 Maple Ave 860-956-6000. Open for lunch and dinner.
- Serving breakfast and lunch, Mo's Midtown located at 25 Whitney Street offers hamburgers and other diner selections. 860-236-2543
- For lunch or dinner, Agave Grill at 100 Allyn St serves Mexican food. Phone : 860-882-1557.
- Described as having "casual elegance", Salute serves steaks, seafood, and pasta. Located at 100 Trumbull St. Open for lunch and dinner. Phone 860-899-1350. Reservations recommended for dinner.
- In the fine dining category, Max Downtown also serves lunch and dinner. 185 Aslyum St. Phone 860-522-2530.
Emerald Sketch, llc
The mission of The Emerald Sketch, llc is to provide ongoing art therapy by credentialed professionals, in a safe environment, to Sandy Hook School students and their families, its faculty and staff, first responders and the Newtown, Connecticut community.