Google Drive and Docs Basics
What comes with Google Drive?
Docs - word processor (Word)
Sheets - spreadsheet (Excel)
Slides - presentation (Power Point)
Forms - questionaire/survey (data linked to spreadsheet)
Drawings - create shapes, diagrams, and flowcharts
Drive Main Menu
B Drive menu enables you to select the container you wish to view.
C View menu enables you to see the contents of the Drive container that you
D Drive format menu, including View options (list or grid), sort, and other
Google Drive on your Desktop
What is Google Docs?
You may hear "Google docs" refer to all of the productivity tools (word processing, spreadsheets and presentations) or just the word processing tool...a little confusing.
Sharing...Who can see?
1. Private (sharing is turned off)
2. Specific people you invite (in your domain, user must log in)
3. Anyone with the link (provided/shared by you)
4. Public (anyone can see)
Sharing...What can they do with the shared file/folder?
1. Can edit - You give the person full rights to edit, remove, change, invite others or make a copy of you file/folder.
2. Can comment - Can comment but cannot edit file/folder, and can make a copy
(file > make a copy)
3. Can view - Viewers cannot make changes or delete the file/folder but can still make a
Use the following group email addresses to share a file or folder with multiple people in our domain at one time.