The Principal's Message
Cambridge School's Weekly Parent Newsletter
~ The Upcoming Week ~
12.15.14 - Monday
12.16.14 - Tuesday
- 3rd - 5th Grade Report Cards Sent Home
- 1st Night of Hanukkah
12.17.14 - Wednesday
12.18.14 - Thursday
12.19.14 - Friday
- AM Pre-School Winter Sing-a-Long (10:00am)
- PM Pre-School Winter Sing-a-Long (1:30pm)
~ IMPORTANT NOTES ~
FROM THE PRINCIPAL'S DESK
Thank you for another wonderful week. While the weather was chilly, the learning was getting fired up inside. Your children have been demonstrating their learning in numerous ways that make each and every day at Cambridge School amazing!
This week, we practiced our Shelter-In-Place Drill. The children were wonderful and have become quite skilled in responding with attentive behavior, as to listen to the adults for further directions.
Today, the Cougar Council will be hosting its first ever PRETZEL Day! They have sold almost 600 pretzels, which will result in over $300.00 for our school. Way to go, Council members!!
I am also very proud to announce that our staff has "adopted" a family in need for this holiday season. I am overwhelmed by the generosity of our staff. It is a testament to the caring nature of the staff that serve your children every day.
Finally, please remember to send your children to school wearing a winter coat, hat, and gloves. We try to get them outside as much as possible, as long as the weather permits and the temperature is not below freezing. It is important that they are dressed properly.
Thank you and have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Capes :)
Raffaella, along with 9 other students from the other schools in the district, was honored by Target and by the South Brunswick Police Department. It was a wonderful event!
SIGN UP NOW!!
SB BASEBALL AND SOFTBALL: The South Brunswick Athletic Association donated small stress balls to every child to help kick off registration for the upcoming spring season of baseball and softball. Congratulations to those students who have signed up for SBAA Softball and Baseball! As a reminder, the school who has the most participants in SBAA will receive a $500 grant for their PE Program. Cambridge only has 6 students registered at the moment. Click HERE to register NOW!!
~ PTO NEWS ~
WINTER FOOD DRIVE!
We will be collecting cake mixes, brownie mixes, muffin mixes, icing/frosting, pie crusts, fruit filling and food certificates from November 14, 2014 to December 12, 2014.
The LAST DAY to send in Club enrollment forms for Super Science and The Stock Market Club will be this upcoming Wednesday, December 17th. January clubs will begin the week of January 5th. Club forms are located on this week's Friday Folder.
The PTO has organized a CLOTHING DRIVE. We are collecting clothes until December 12th.
We are collecting:
- Gently used clothes of all sizes, shoes, sandals, sneakers, boots, belts, ties, sweaters, vests, blouses, dresses, robes, curtains, blankets, sheets, pillowcases, towels, linens, tablecloths, handbags, purses, wallets, backpacks, uniforms, cleats.
- Please pack items in tightly tied bags.
- Toys/stuffed animals WILL be accepted!! They must be mixed in with other items.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact:
Danielle Barrows, 908-296-5539, email@example.com
The collection will be weighed and Cambridge will receive funds based on the total price per pound. All donations will help “Give Back” and be sent to low income families and thrift shops around the country.
From the Health Office
People are exposed to infectious agents (bacteria, viruses, parasites) through the air, water, food, blood and other body fluids. Many infectious diseases can be prevented by following these guidelines:
- Keep immunizations up to date for children and adults. Speak to your doctor about the flu shot if you haven’t already received it.
- Use antibiotics exactly as prescribed and only when needed.
- Report to your doctor any worsening infection that does not get better after you take a prescribed antibiotic.
- When sick, allow time to heal and recover.
- Wash your hands frequently-before eating, before preparing food, after using the bathroom, after blowing your nose or coughing and sneezing into your hands and after touching an animal.
- Do not touch your face to avoid the transfer of germs into your body via your mouth, nose or eyes.
Guidelines for Sending Children to School
Parents are often concerned about their child missing school and may send a child back too soon after an illness. This not only exposes other children to disease but also puts the returning child at risk of relapse or contracting another illness that may be going around at school. Keep a child home from school if he/she:
- Has had a fever (a temperature of over 100 degrees) in the last 24 hours
- Has nausea and vomiting or has had diarrhea
- Has vomited during the night
- Has been exposed to a contagious disease and is exhibiting symptoms of that disease
- A child should be fever free, without the use of fever reducing medications (Tylenol, Advil), for 24 hours before returning to school. A fever refers to a temperature of 100 degrees or more.
- A child diagnosed with strep throat should be on antibiotics for 24 hours and be feeling well before returning to school.
- Children who have been home because of illness should not be brought to school for parties and/or special events on that day.
Dawn Guidice, RN, School Nurse
- December 5th - School Store
- December 5th - PTO EVENT - BINGO NIGHT - 7pm
- December 12th - Cougar Council's Pretzel Day
- December 13th - Odyssey of the Mind Showcase
- December 19th - Pre-School Sing-a-Long
- December 23rd - EARLY RELEASE - Winter Break
- December 23rd - Cougar Council's PAJAMA DAY & Principal's Bedtime Story
- December 24th - January 4th - Winter Break
- January 5th - School is in Session
- January 5th - Board of Education Meeting
- January 7th - PTO Meeting
- January 8th - SB Parent Academy: GRIT w/ George Scott
- January 9th - WINTER CONCERT (Chorus & Strings)
- January 13th - WINTER CONCERT (Band)
- January 15th - EARLY RELEASE DAY
- January 19th - NO SCHOOL - Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- January 22nd - SB Parent Academy: Self-Regulation
- January 26th - 29th - Book Fair