SA Staff Weekly
Weekly Staff Announcements - Week of 2/8/2016
Have a Blessed Lent!
This Wednesday (2/10/16) is Ash Wednesday. Last year we were blessed to have Bishop Wall here on Ash Wednesday. He reminded us of the three things we need to focus on for Lent: Prayer, Fasting, & Alms-giving. We will focus on these three themes during this season of Lent. Teachers should be preparing your class for a rich journey through Lent. Below are some great websites for teachers to use for projects, themes, and ideas. I pray that you find this season of Lent a rewarding time with your students.
Lent Resources: www.catholicicing.com, www.catholicmom.com, Lent activities on Pinterest, www.thereligionteacher.com, and www.RclBenziger.com.
- Please pray for our staff & students as we begin the season of Lent.
- Please pray for those recovering from surgery.
- Please pray for the poor.
Please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your prayer intentions to be added to our weekly announcements.
The Week Ahead
Monday (2/8/2016) - Basketball practice after school.
Tuesday (2/9/2016) - First Communion Class at 1:45 p.m. Basketball practice after school.
Wednesday (2/10/2016) - ASH WEDNESDAY - Mass @ 9:00 a.m. Basketball practice after school.
Thursday (2/11/2016) -Adoration today. Basketball game at MCS @ 3:30 p.m.
Friday (2/12/2016) - NO SCHOOL FOR STUDENTS. Teachers will meet at 8:30 a.m. in the Hall for Catechetical formation training. Breakfast will be provided. We will try to finish by 1:00 p.m. Principal evaluation forms are due today.
More Lent & Ash Wednesday Resources
- Matthew Kelly of "Dynamic Catholic" has a program called "The Best Lent Ever". This link has the description and a short video.
- Busted Halo's two minute video on Lent & Ash Wednesday.
- Sadller's Lenten Resources page. For those of you with the "We Believe" series, this should match up pretty well.
- "A Catechist's Journey" blog about Lent.
- Fr. Mike from Ascension Press gives a reflection on Lent.
- Dr. Carolyn Woo's Lenten reflection from last year.
- Lenten resources from Loyola Press.