Sussex Avenue News That You Can Use
Week of September 24th- September 28th
- September 24th is an E day.
- September 24th- Fall Clubs begin 3:30-4:30
- Back to School Night is Tuesday, September 25th starting at 6:30 in the gymnasium. Refreshments provided by TEAM.
- Stop by the Front Lobby to learn about how to purchase Spirit Wear at Back to School Night.
- Our first Spirit Day is Friday, September 28th.
- Kindness for Christopher Assembly, October 5th @10:00
- Picture Day is October 17th.
- Conferences: Evening conferences are scheduled for December 3 and April 11th. These days are early dismissal days for students.
Kindness for Christopher
The week of October 8th, I am asking all teachers to schedule time for their students to develop a quote or a saying regarding good character. I have 300+ painted river rocks in various different colors. Each student will get a rock to inscribe a kind message, saying, or quote.
The children are going to sign a Kindness Pledge at the conclusion. Once the rocks are prepped, we will be gathering students to assist in the development of our Kindness Garden which will be assembled in the front of the school building. Below is an article on how the Kindness for Christopher movement began.
The Power of Developing a Growth Mindset!
Putting Our Best Foot Forward!
Congratulations to 3rd grader Hannah T., and 4th graders Kalaisa C., Charlotte H., Harry M., and Jason W. for being recognized for persevering, responsibility, and showing kindness towards others. Great job ladies and gentlemen, keep shining brightly!