2/3 HA Multiage
November 16, 2015
What We're Learning
Language: Wordly Wise Lesson 7
Writing: Informational paragraph writing
Spelling: Lesson 11 - Compound Words
Math Magicians (2nd): Chapter 11 - Money
Math Masters (3rd): Chapter 11 - Metric Measurement
Science: States of Matter
Homework: Folders due on Friday morning
News To Know:
Multiagers are joining with 3rd grade to celebrate Thanksgiving on Wednesday, Nov. 25th. We will gather in the cafeteria for snacks, a movie, and some camaraderie. We are once again using Perfect Potluck for donations. This is the link to the site to sign up; this is coming in a separate email as well. http://www.PerfectPotluck.com/meals.php?t=EYCD7004
Thank you in advance for your generosity and help in this fun, cooperative group activity.
Students learned about Fire Safety last week and were asked to go home and:
- have parents show them all the smoke detectors in the house,
- have parents show them what the smoke detector sounds like (test button),
- be sure to have a fire exit plan that has 2 ways out of the house in case of a fire,
- know where the family meeting spot is in case of a fire,
- and review the Fire Safety section in the Family Manual with parents.
Please ensure these safety steps have been completed. Thanks!!
Mark Your Calendars...
Fri., Nov. 20 - PTO Movie Night ("Inside Out"); 6:30 - 8:00 PM
Wed., Nov. 25 - Thanksgiving Feast
Thurs., Nov. 26 - Thanksgiving Day
Fri., Nov. 27 - Vacation Day