All AFA students have access to the return shuttles. We will have AFA Ambassadors stationed at our entrance to help direct new students to their classrooms and to the correct buses when classes have concluded for the day.
Flex Passes On Sale Now!
Flex Passes will only be sold through Sept 30th. To get your, visit this link and then click on 2019-2020 AFA Flex Pass.
Chicago Trip Info
- We have had a couple spots open up for our Chicago trip which is October 23rd-27th. If you are interested in one of those openings, (chaperone or student), please contact Mr. Kurtz by August 30th.
- All proceeds from our AFA Night Out at BJ's Brewhouse August 29th will go towards the cost of the AFA Chicago Trip. If enough money comes in, final totals will be adjusted for students. To participate, eat at BJ's on Spectrum Drive between 5PM and 9PM and show them this flyer. 20% of your total will go to our trip. Bring family and friends after Back to School Night!
- Final Chicago Payments are due Friday September 13th. To pay all or part of your final balance, please click here.
Know Someone Who Should Consider the AFA?
Our first Shadow Day is September 25th!
AFA Dual Enrollment Has Begun!
Theory I students will receive complete enrollment information and further instructions for this Spring course during the first weeks of school.
Interested in Volunteering for the AFA?
- Concession stand donations
- Packing care packages for our AFA alumni
- Taking tickets at events
- Planning and organizing fundraisers
- Planning and organizing our end of year banquet
- Soliciting local sponsors
Where should I be in the college search process?
- Back to School Night at TJ High. 5:30-6:00pm in the Chorus Room 1737
- AFA Night Out at BJ’s Brewhouse. Help the AFA raise money by dining at BJ’s between 5:00 and 9:00pm. BJ’s will donate 20% of each check to the AFA when customers present this flyer. Please share this with family and friends!
- Final Chicago payments due for those going on the trip.
- In the Streets Festival in downtown Frederick. The AFA will have a booth on Market St and some of our students will perform at the corner of Market and Church St. This event is NOT mandatory.
- AFA field trip to Towson University during school day
- Arts College Night: Over 20 regional colleges and universities will be at TJ High School to answer your questions about their programs. We will begin the evening in the auditorium at 6:00pm with a short presentation on types of colleges, differences between degree types, and helpful questions to ask during the college search process. Then, students and parents will have from 6:30-8:30 to talk to reps from various institutions. This event is a MUST as you begin your college search.
- AFA Music Recital. 7:00PM at TJ High.
***To see the entire AFA Calendar, please visit the EVENTS portion of our website***
We use Remind 101 to communicate important updates about events as well as any schedule/date changes that may need to take place.