Week of 1/8/18 - 1/12/18
Letter from Principal Nelson
Proud Residents of Smallville!
Happy New Year! We trust all had a restful break and are ready to start the second semester of your student’s most successful year ever off with a BANG! I know your teachers and I are excited about all the great things we can accomplish this semester due to your support and the amazing ability of your student, so let’s get to the business of getting to business. Here are a few things to watch for this week:
Electives Showcase (01/09/18): Come to the gymnasium this Tuesday evening to get a sample of all of the electives we offer here at Clint Small Middle School. Our teachers and staff will be on hand to showcase their classes as well as answer any questions you may have. Try to make it by if you can to ensure your student picks the perfect class for h/her next year. If you can’t attend, feel free to email any of our teachers to see what you missed.
Screenagers (01/10/28): We are proud to host the PTA’s showing of Screenagers on Wednesday in our Cafeteria at 6:00 p.m.. We want as many parents, guardians, aunts, uncles, grandparents, teachers, TAs, neighbors, friends and caretakers as possible to attend this movie as it will no doubt help us all relate to our students in this digital age. Remember, kids today are born into this world and for the most part cannot fathom a time when information and access to friends weren’t immediate. Feel free to bring a dish to nosh on while we watch and be sure to stick around afterwards for the open panel discussion with Dr. Mike Brooks.
We hope to see you at any or both of these events next week because we know that when there is a strong connection between home and school, kids can’t help but benefit.
Thanks again for reading and be sure to email, call, or even drop by with any questions you may have.
Small Middle School
Una traducción de la carta del Sr. Nelson será publicada aquí dentro de 24 horas.
After the movie, Dr. Mike Brooks - psychology expert about technology and the adolescent brain will hold a discussion panel. Click here to learn more about Dr. Brooks.
Kids 4th grade and up are encouraged to attend - We are looking into child care for those that are younger.
Great Thinkers Club
The Austin School District will begin accepting transfer requests for in district students and children of out of district AISD employees for the 2018-2019 school year on Tuesday, January 2, 2018. Priority transfers to non-frozen campuses will be accepted from Tuesday, January 2, 2018 through 5 p.m., Wednesday, January 31, 2018. Non AISD employees may request out of district transfers for their student(s) beginning Monday, February 1, 2018.
How to Apply for a Transfer (for parents/guardians):
1. New this year, online transfers. Apply through the Parent Cloud. Create a Parent Cloud account at https://www.austinisd.org/technology/parents-guardians/cloud.
- New students residing in Austin ISD need to complete online registration (also in the Parent Cloud) before submitting an online transfer request. This allows for the creation of an ID number which is required to submit a transfer.
- Online transfer requests are for grades K through 12..
- Out of district non-Austin ISD employee transfer requests will be accepted beginning Thursday, February 1, 2018.
2. Submit transfer requests and required documents in person to the Office of Student Services, 1111 W. 6th St., A-200, Austin, TX, 78703, during regular business hours, 7:45 a.m. – 4:45 p.m.
3. Mail transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services, 1111 W. 6th St., A-200, Austin, TX, 78703.
4. Fax transfer requests and required documents to the Office of Student Services at 512-414-4994.
Transfers forms are not allowed to be faxed or emailed from the campus.
For information regarding the transfer process, dates, deadlines and frozen campuses please refer to https://austinisd.org/transfer. Information for the 2018-2019 school year will be available on December 19, 2017. You may also call 512-414-1726.
Mountain Race Team
2017-2018 Yearbooks On Sale Now!
You can order your yearbook online anytime. Click here