Are You Safe ON The INternet
- Never give out your PIN in response to e-mail or telephone requests.
- Shield your PIN when using it.
- Choose a PIN password that is not obvious.
Encryption means to scramble data in such a way that only someone with the secret code / key can read it.Encryption is to pass a secret message from one place to another without anyone else being able to read it.Encryption is extremely important for e-commerce as it allows confidential information such as your credit card details to be sent safely to the online shop you are visiting.Encryption works by scrambling the original message with a very large digital number (key) it is very hard to crack.
Airports, hospitals, hotels, grocery stores and even Disney theme parks increasingly use biometrics technology that identifies you based on your physical or behavioral traits for added security.
Instead of using something you have (like a key) or something you know (like a password), biometrics uses who you are to identify you. Biometrics can use physical characteristics, like your face, fingerprints, irises or veins, or behavioral characteristics like your voice, handwriting or typing rhythm. Unlike keys and passwords, your personal traits are extremely difficult to lose or forget. They can also be very difficult to copy. For this reason, many people consider them to be safer and more secure than keys or passwords.
Keeping safe online
- Pick a strong password use a combination of at least six numbers, letters, and punctuation marks (like ! and &)
- Changed your password regularly
- Log out of Facebook when you use a computer you share with other people
- Run anti-virus software on your computer
- Think before you click or download anything: Never click suspicious links, even if they come from a friend
- Make your settings on share with friends only rather than public.
- Don't open fake Pages and apps/games.
- Don't accept friend requests from people you don't know
- Never give out your login info (ex: email address and password).
- Use secure browsing whenever possible
- keep your browser up to date