Pieces of Eight
Tech Treasure #3.....12/17/14
What is Canva.com?
Canva is an easy to use, intuitive tool for design both by the beginner and modest graphic designer. In just a few steps you can produce a beautiful invitation, card, poster, business card, blog graphic, Pinterest image, and many more design type. Free account sign up and 100% free to use. No software to download or install.
- Many pre-made designed layouts
- Free graphics or $1 Premium graphics
- Plug in your own words
- Upload your own images
- Alignment guides
- Search lots and lots of options
- Begin a project, save, and return to edit
- Share via a link or Download as an image or pdf
- Option of allowing others to shar in the editing
| || |
- Fantastic Articles and Tutorials
- You can browse help by category
- Complete Beginner's Getting Started Guide
- Workshop Section with four tutorials, covering the fundamentals of graphic design and great in a classroom setting.
- Lesson Plans written by the talented Vicki Davis, aka @CoolCatTeacher, that are creative ideas ready to be used with students.
Ideas for Educational Use
- Create mini-posters for class or school
- Students can create covers from their portfolios
- Design infographics for research projects
- Create flyers for classroom or school events
- Even create presentations by adding multiple pages
- Students can design their own blog graphics
- Use as an option for book reports - design persuasive posters
- Note: Parent permission is required for students under age 13.