The Oxford Update
Oxford Elementary School
Our overall attendance percentage as we kick off February vacation is exceeding our attendance rate from the two prior academic years! Did we mention that this is during a global pandemic and during the height of cold and flu season? OES has attendance bragging rights!
We will hopefully continue this pattern after vacation. If your child is well and healthy, please make every effort to have them attend. When possible, schedule appointments after the school day. Thank you for making school attendance a priority in your family.
Attendance Matters, Learning Matters, and Our Students Matter!
Ms. Bourgoine and the OES Attendance Committee
Physical Education: Kindergarten Yoga
Updated Maine Travel Guidelines
1. Complete a 10-day quarantine upon arrival in Maine and continue to monitor for signs and symptoms for an additional 4 days OR
2. Obtain and receive a negative COVID-19 antigen or molecular (PCR, NAAT, or isothermal) test result within 72 hours prior to arrival back into Maine to forgo the 10-day quarantine.
- Travelers may be tested upon arrival in Maine as well but must quarantine while they wait for test results. A negative COVID-19 antigen or molecular (PCR, NAAT, or isothermal) test result will allow the traveler to leave quarantine early.
CDC has also provided guidance as it relates to international travel. The current risk assessment level for COVID-19 is at 4, or VERY HIGH, for nearly every country.
At this time, all air passengers coming to the United States, including U.S. citizens, are required to have a negative COVID-19 test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding a flight back to the United States.
Upon return to the United States, staff and students must quarantine. International travelers can return to school after they:
- Get tested 3-5 days after travel, and receive a negative test result AND stay home and self-quarantine for 7 days after travel.
- Do not get tested and stay home for 10 days after travel.
- Avoid being around people who are at increased risk for severe illness for 14 days, whether you get tested or not.
Any staff or students who have traveled internationally will not be permitted inside the school building for a minimum of 7 days, even if a negative test has occurred.
Art Class - Second Grade
Ms. Harmon's students made these positive and negative space hearts for Valentine’s Day with Ms. Baker in art class. Second-graders have been learning about the element of space in art and made these hearts using black paper and watercolor paints.