June 11, 2021
So Many Ways To Stay Connected!
You will find upcoming events, updates from Principal Mills, school activities, and lots of different resources!
It's Bridgeport information at your fingertips!
If you have Facebook, FOLLOW US!
If you have Twitter, FOLLOW US!
If you don't have social media, check out the Bridgeport website!
Confused about dates?
- June 14th: Regular School Day
- June 15th: Regular School Day
- June 15th:Jungle Theme Parade 4-7 (see details below)
- June 16th: Official Last Day of School (Students attend their usual morning online meeting at 8:30AM)
- June 16th: iPad Return Event (9:30am-11am) for students NOT returning to Bridgeport next year (See details below)
THERE WILL BE NO GRADE SPECIFIC CELEBRATIONS
We will be celebrating all students at the End-of-the Year Parade
Letter From Jordan Mills
Dear Bridgeport Families,
This is the last Barker of the 20-21 school year! I have a few final announcements to wrap up the year:
No Place for Hate
Congratulations are in order for our Bridgeport community as we have earned the No Place for Hate title for a second year in a row! Thank you to the student ambassadors for their leadership in this project, the committee of families and staff that planned projects, and to the students, families and staff that participated in the projects. Students learned about how words make imprints, protocols for communicating with one another, and even practiced disagreeing respectfully! Here is a video of congratulations acknowledging this honor!
This school year would not have been possible without the support of our community and families here at Bridgeport. I cannot possibly thank you all enough for the technology troubleshooting, homework help, everyday multi-tasking, and everything else you did to help our students be successful this year. I would also like to extend a special thank you to our Bridgeport PTO board and all of the volunteers that provided our students with enriching, community-building experiences as well as basic needs support for our families. This work was truly exceptional. I feel honored to work alongside you. Thank you.
We are already looking forward to next year! The most important thing that our students can do this summer is to read every single day for at least 20 minutes. This prevents the “summer slide” and will make a huge difference in helping students feel prepared for the upcoming year. Reading out loud to younger students or taking turns is a great way to share the experience! Read in any language, and do not worry about doing it for more than 20 minutes, just do it daily!
Wishing you a restful, sunny summer filled with family and fun. Please reach out to me anytime.
Get all the latest information on the June 15th End of The Year Parade!
Is your student returning to Bridgeport next year?
When: Wednesday, June 16
The iPad Return Event is ONLY for current 5th grade students or students that will not be returning to Bridgeport next school year.
(** Note: This is the day AFTER the End of The Year School Drive Through Parade)
Can't make it to the event? No worries! We will also accept iPads in the office from 7:30am-4pm following that event. Families can also schedule an appointment for another time. We are here to help, so please call our office at 503-431-4200 if you need assistance getting your iPad back to the school.
***Students who WILL be returning to Bridgeport can keep their iPad over the summer. ***
FREE PRE-KINDERGARTEN FOR CHILDREN AGES 3-5!
To find out more about Pre-Kinder for your 3-5 year old you can go to http://ttsdschools.org/bridgeport and find it under the “News” section. There is an online link to a fillable Free Preschool Program Interest Form or call the Bridgeport Office at 503-431-4200 to request a paper copy.
Once you have filled out the FPP Interest Form you can:
● email your completed form to firstname.lastname@example.org or
● text a photo of the form to 971-330-5930 or
● return it to Bridgeport Elementary or
● mail the form to the Early Learning Coordinator at: TTSD 6960 SW Sandburg Street Tigard, OR
26 de junio: Clínica de segunda dosis de la vacunación Pfizer
Sábado el 26 de junio en el estacionamiento norte de la Preparatoria Tualatin (High School)
Abierto a todas las personas de 12 años de edad or más
Si tiene 12, 13 o 14 años de edad,
debe tener un padre o tutor presente en el evento.
¿No tiene seguro? No hay problema. Nadie será rechazado.
Si tiene seguro por favor traiga su tarjeta de seguro.
Llame para hacer una cita al 503-848-5847
Do you have an interest in finance and accounting?
Consider aiding the TTSD School Board with financial oversight of the District.The Financial Oversight Committee has an open position. Go to the ttsdschools.org website for details and application.
Virtual Academy Enrollment Date Extended
- 1 year commitment
- All activities & athletics will be with neighboring schools.
- No specialized programs (ie. no IB, TWI, AVID, etc.)
- ELD and Special EducationServices will be provided
SUMMER ACADEMICS OPPORTUNITIES:
4 weeks of summer fun!
Limited slots are available!
Enroll by June 18!
The summer enrichment camp is designed for TTSD students in grades K-8
- Hosted at Fowler Middle School.
- Sessions offer a variety of fun opportunities for learning, building community, and keeping students moving and engaged
- Morning sessions are 8:30 to 11:00 AM
- Afternoon sessions are 12:30 to 3:00 PM
- Transportation and meals are provided
Session 1 (July 6 - 8)
Session 2 (July 12 - 15)
Session 3 (July 19 - 22)
Session 4 (July 26 - 29)
A Message From Mrs. Anton
The end of the year is getting closer!
Make sure you have returned any library books that you have checked out!
You can drop them by the school at any time.
Remember that there is a drop off box right outside the front doors!
Tualatin Public Library News:
Summer Reading Program
Read this summer and earn free books from the Tualatin Public Library!
Join us for Summer reading sign up, story time, STEAM activities, and more!
Check out the flyer below or go to www.tualatinoregon.gov/library for more information.
Questions? Call: 503-691-3074
Here are your SEL resources for this week:
Here are your SEL resources for next week:
Competency for 6/1-6/4: Responsible Decision Making
The focus skills this week are:
Responsible Decision Making
Self-Control and Decision Making
Here are the Family videos for this week: Integrity
Handout for families to use at home:
Dear Bridgeport Families,
Vilma Madrigal, our Family Partnership Advocate, created a website that would be a central place for you to find food, technology help, advice, and daily resources to stay involved in your children's education. If you don't find exactly what you need on her website, feel free to email her at email@example.com or call (503) 431-4250. Our school is fortunate enough to have such a person that is so incredibly motivated, passionate and caring about helping others. Please click below to open to Mrs.Madrigal's
Donate, Volunteer or Both!
You can donate money to the organization to purchase food that will go directly to our families in need and sanitization supplies to keep our volunteers, families and products as clean as we can get them.
In addition to online monetary contributions we are also accepting physical donations:
- Non-Perishable Food
- Money (via cash, check, credit card, or other)
- Sanitation Supplies (wipes, cleaner, gloves, paper towels)
- Boxes/Packing Tape/Ziploc Bags
You can also volunteer your time by:
- Sanitizing/sorting/boxing/distributing food, books, and supplies
- Delivering Food, Books, and Supplies (driving and dropping off)
- Language Translation Services
PGE Payment Matching Programs
Call today and get help paying your energy bill
If you have a past-due balance, our new bill assistance programs can help you get back on track, regardless of your income. We’ll double your efforts by matching you dollar for dollar on eligible accounts. Don’t miss out on this limited opportunity to get help with your bill.
Call us at 800-542-8818, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Our Customer Service team can assist you in 200+ languages.
Llame hoy y obtenga ayuda para pagar su cuenta de energía
Si está atrasado en el pago de su cuenta, nuestros nuevos programas de asistencia para el pago de la factura pueden ayudarle a ponerse al día, independientemente de sus ingresos. Duplicaremos sus esfuerzos igualando dólar por dólar en las cuentas elegibles. No pierda esta oportunidad limitada de obtener ayuda con su factura.
Llámenos al 800-542-8818, de lunes a viernes, de 7 a.m. a 7 p.m. Nuestro equipo de atención al cliente puede ayudarle en más de 200 idiomas.
CARE-ING FOR OUR COMMUNITY FUNDRAISER
Contact 5036031588 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Brainfuse HELPNOW Tutoring Services
HELP YOUR CHILD WITH THEIR HOMEWORK:
- Expert tutors in real time, daily from 1:00PM-10:00PM (live tutoring)
- Flashcards and study games (Flashbulb)
- Practice exercises (SkillSurfer)
ZOOM HOMEWORK HELP
Zoom ID: 89273490087
Club K After School Zone Update 2020-21
Club K After School Zone has been safely operating under Emergency Licensing throughout the entire pandemic. Our dedicated team of teachers have focused on providing a safe, reliable, and academically supportive environment for students during a time of great uncertainty. As our world begins to regain some aspects of normalcy, we look forward to continued education, engagement, and exploration with the TTSD community.
Club K After School Zone is offering care from 7:30-5:30 Monday-Friday. Students attending AM in-person learning can register to attend after in-person learning ends. Students attending PM in-person learning can register to attend before in-person learning begins and after in-person learning ends. Full day care will be provided on Wednesdays. Club K After School Zone will continue our programming at Bridgeport Elementary as soon as we meet a minimum of at least 12 students who are registered in order to cover operating costs. Club K shifted to a weekly price point during the pandemic. The weekly price for this programming model is $265/week.
For program information, please contact Club K After School Zone’s Regional Manager, Amanda Lybarger at email@example.com. For questions regarding tuition rates and registration contact Jane Whitelock at firstname.lastname@example.org or feel free to register your child by following this link to our website: https://www.clubkafterschool.com/remainder-of-school-year-registration-form/
We are looking forward to continuing our programming and services for the Bridgeport Elementary Community!
Club K After School Zone
See all the awesome things going on with our fabulous PTO on Facebook!
See all the awesome things going on with our fabulous PTO on Facebook!
ORDER YOURS TODAY!
SUPPORTING BRIDGEPORT WHILE YOU SHOP! IT'S THAT EASY!
1. Amazon Smile Rewards
Sign into your Amazon Account at smile.amazon.com
● Go to your Account
● Go to Your Amazon Smile
● Search for Bridgeport Elementary PTO by using the “Pick your own charitable organization” option
● Select “Bridgeport Elementary PTO” in Tualatin, OR
● Be sure to login to smile.amazon.com for your future orders
1. Amazon Smile Rewards Recompensas por parte de Amazon Smile ● Si aún no tiene una cuenta, registrarse para obtener una cuenta de Amazon ● Inicie sesión en su cuenta de Amazon en smile.amazon.com
● Vaya a su cuenta
● Vaya a su Amazon Smile
● Busque el PTO de Bridgeport Elementary utilizando la opción "Elija su propia organización benéfica"
● Seleccione "Bridgeport Elementary PTO" en Tualatin, OR
● Asegúrese de iniciar sesión en smile.amazon.com para sus futuros pedidos
2. Fred Meyer Community Rewards
● If you don’t already have one, sign up for Fred Meyer Rewards
● Sign in to your Fred Meyer Rewards account and visit the Community Rewards page to link your card to an organization.
Search for us by using our name: Bridgeport Elementary PTO, or, our Non-Profit Organization Number: TC529
2. Fred Meyer Community Rewards Recompensas de la comunidad de Fred Meyer ● Si aún no tiene una cuenta, Regístrese en Fred Meyer Rewards
● Inicie sesión en su cuenta Fred Meyer Rewards y visite la página Recompensas de la comunidad para vincular su tarjeta a una organización.
Busquenos usando nuestro nombre: Bridgeport Elementary PTO, o nuestro número de organización: TC529
3. Box Tops for Education
If you don’t already have the app, download the Box Tops for Education app from the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Android) and set up the app with your necessary information
● Sign into the Box Tops for Education app
● Select or search for “Bridgeport Elementary School” in Tualatin as the school ● As you make purchases, look for Box Top Products
● Once your purchase is complete keep your receipt and go to the Box Tops app ● Select scan and follow instructions to scan the receipt within 14 day of purchase ● Shopping online? You can still submit receipts! Forward emailed receipts to
email@example.com using the same email address associated with your Box Tops for Education account.
3. Box Tops for Education Box Tops para la educación
● Si aún no tiene la aplicación, descargue la aplicación Box Tops for Education de la App Store (para iPhone) o Google Play (para Android) y configure la aplicación con la información necesaria.
● Inicie sesión en la aplicación Box Tops for Education
● Seleccione o busque "Bridgeport Elementary School" en Tualatin como la escuela
● Mientras realiza compras, busque productos Box Top
● Una vez que se complete su compra, conserve su recibo y vaya a la aplicación Box Tops
● Seleccione escanear y siga las instrucciones para escanear el recibo dentro de los 14 días posteriores a la compra
● ¿Hace sus compras en línea? ¡Aún puede enviar recibos! Reenvíe los recibos enviados por correo electrónico a firstname.lastname@example.org utilizando la misma dirección de correo electrónico asociada con su cuenta de Box Tops for Education.
4. Benefit Mobile App
If you don’t already have the app, download the Benefit Mobile app from the App Store (for iPhone) or Google Play (for Android) and set up the app with your necessary information
● Sign into the Benefit Mobile app
● Select Beneficiaries
● Search within Schools for “Bridgeport Elementary School”
● Select “Bridgeport Elementary School”
● Before making purchases, visit the Benefit Mobile app to search “Retailers”
● If your retailer appears in the app, select them from the list ● Buy a new card in the amount of your purchase
● Use the electronic card to make your purchase in person or online ● You can also purchase gift cards to send as gifts by using the “Send a Gift” option from the Benefit Mobile app
Algunos de nosotros podemos dar nuestro tiempo.
Algunos de nosotros podemos dar nuestro dinero.
Cualquiera de nosotros puede inscribirse para apoyar a nuestra escuela de estas formas sencillas.
4. Benefit Mobile App
● Si aún no tiene la aplicación, descargue la aplicación Benefit Mobile de la App Store (para iPhone) o Google Play (para Android) y configure la aplicación con la información necesaria.
● Inicie sesión en la aplicación Benefit Mobile
● Seleccione beneficiarios
● Busque "Bridgeport Elementary School"
● Seleccione "Bridgeport Elementary School"
● Antes de realizar compras, visite la aplicación Benefit Mobile para buscar "Retailers" tiendas
● Si su tienda aparece en la aplicación, selecciónela de la lista ● Compre una nueva tarjeta por el monto de su compra
● Utilice la tarjeta electrónica para realizar su compra presencial o en línea ● También puede comprar tarjetas de regalo para enviarlas como regalos usando la opción "Send a gift" (Enviar un regalo) de la aplicación Benefit Mobile.
Neighborhood Health Center School-Based @ Tualatin High
22300 SW Boones Ferry Rd. Tualatin, OR 97062 / (503) 941-3180
COMPREHENSIVE PHYSICAL, MENTAL & PREVENTIVE HEALTH SERVICES
The goal of the School-Based Health Center (SBHC) is to serve student health needs by providing quality comprehensive health care conveniently located in your school district.
The SBHC has a licensed medical provider, medical assistant, and mental health provider.
Most private insurance plans are accepted, as well as Oregon Health Plan (OHP). No insurance? No problem. You may be eligible for a sliding free discount based on income.
Monday - Friday 8am - 4:30pm
Lunes - viernes 8AM - 4:30PM
SERVICIOS DE SALUD INTEGRAL PARA PREVENCION, MENTAL Y FISICO
El objetivo del Centro de Salud Escolar (SBHC) es entender las necesidades de salud de los estudiantes al proporcionar atención médica integral de calidad convenientemente ubicada en su distrito escolar.El SBHC tiene a un proveedor médico con licencia, asistente médico certificado y proveedor de salud mental.
Se aceptan la mayoría de losplanes de seguros privados, así como el Plan de Salud de Oregon (OHP). ¿Sin seguro? No hay problema. Puede ser elegible para un descuento de tarifa variable basado en los ingresos. Pregunte a la recepcionista acerca de un descuento cuando llegue.
Virginia Garcia Clinic: School-Based @ Tigard High
9000 SW Durham Rd Building 7110 Tigard, OR (503) 431 -5775
El objetivo del Centro de Salud Escolar de Virginia García (SBHC, siglas en inglés) es atender las necesidades de salud de los estudiantes proporcionando un fácil acceso a una atención médica integral y de alta calidad. Nuestro SBHC está convenientemente ubicado en el campus de la Escuela Secundaria de Tigard y lo pueden usar todos los estudiantes y empleados del Distrito Escolar de Tigard/Tualatin.