JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY SEPTEMBER 25, 2015
- UNIFORM: COULD YOU LOOKOVER YOUR CHILD SWEATER? SOME CHILD HAVE WORN OTHER SWEATER, FROM OTHER CHILD. IF YOU FIND IT, RETURN IT ON MONDAY, PLEASE. THANK YOU!!
- ON SEPT. 30TH, THE LAST WEDNESDAY OF THE MONTH, JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY WILL HAVE AN INFORMATIONAL NIGHT FOR PARENTS INTERESTED IN LEARNING MORE ABOUT HOW DUAL LANGUAGE IMMERSION WORKS! BRIDGET YADEN PARENT AND PROFESSOR OF SPANISH AT PACIFIC LUTHERAN UNIVERSITY, WILL BE THE SPEAKER. PLEASE COME AND ASK QUESTIONS!! TIME: 6 P.M.-7:00 P.M.
- OCT. 1ST OUR CHOCOLATE SALE ENDS! IT IS NECESSARY TO BRING THE MONEY COLLETED BEFORE OCT 1ST.
- OCT. 2ND: NO SCHOOL.
- PICTURE DAY: WEAR FULL UNIFORM FOR PICTURE DAY PLEASE. THIS WILL HAPPEN ON WEDNESDAY OF NEXT WEEK, OCT. 28 DON'T FORGET!!! ALL CHILDREN GET THEIR PICTURE TAKEN REGARDLESS AS TO WHETHER OR NOT YOU ARE PURCHASING THEM.
- UNIFORM: IT IS IMPORTANT THAT CHILDREN WEAR COMPLETE UNIFORM TO SCHOOL, INCLUIDING SWEATER. PLEASE.
WHAT DID WE LEARN THIS WEEK?
I am really really happy!!! Because we have had our first dictation today and it was very good!!!
If you like you can practice at home. You say the words which we are studing (avión, estrella, imán, oso, uvas) and they have to write the first letter (example: avión--> A). We write the dictation in capittal letter.
- Reading: Sounds a, e, i, o, u
We have continued with that sounds, recognizing the sound and the word, which has the first letter in that sound, for instance: a--> avión
We have playing with cards, where they had to put together the sound, the picture and the written word.
- Writting: We have worked letter E e and D d.
- Number 4 and 5
- Social studies:
- On Sep 21st we celebrated Peace day. We decorate a hand with people from other countries and also we listened a nice song about the children and the peace. If you like to listen at home the link is https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNP7swwPAy0v=FXFeuQGokHA
- Otoño (autumn) has arrived!! We have decorate our class with features about that season. We are learning a new autumn song, (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WU__Y_XPgkM), fruits of autumn, weather in autumn and more features about that season. To welcome the autumn, we have colored a nice picture and some leaves to decorate our class door. And some mothers have made a awesome autumn mural. Thank you so much to Amy and Diane. We love it!!
- We have met to Jonny Appleseed also known as Juanito Manzanas. He has told us his history and his profession. We have listen a song about him and also we have tryed to sing it.
We have still workin about the creations of God and the good things that he give us.
Review letters Ee Ff and numbers 12345. They have to write it and read after that.
I hope you have a nice weekend. Thank you,