Twitter for #Educators @NISD
The Twitter Challenge!
Growing Your PLN
A PLN is a tool that uses social media and technology to collect, communicate, collaborate and create with connected colleagues anywhere at any time. Participating educators, worldwide, make requests and share resources. (source)
LOG IN AS A STUDENT. Watch the video and complete the activity.
Let's Get Crackin'
In this challenge, you will create a PROFESSIONAL Twitter account and change your profile picture!
Challenge #2: Start using Twitter!
Head to your Twitter account and upload a profile picture to complete this challenge.
Challenge #3- Know the Rules
Sharing classroom activities is a great way to promote the things happening on campus!
However, there are a few things you should know before you post!
- Check a child's FERPA/Web publishing permission.
- If you use a child's name, it should only be his/her first name.
- Group photos are encouraged (avoid individual images of students).
For more information, visit: Social Media Guidelines
Click the button below, to complete this challenge!
Challenge #4- Follow the Leader
This will link to the spreadsheet of usernames for the Jones staff. Make sure you search and follow the Jones staff members!
Challenge 5 - Hashtag, What? @ Who?
The use of a hashtag is a keyword and denotes a conversation. For example, #JonesPLN is a keyword we are using in this challenge. When you click on the hashtag #JonesPLN in any tweet, all of the tweets using that hashtag will populate on your stream so you can read and keep up with the conversation.
- Search one of the following hashtags: #nisdproud #nisdgoogle #nisdedchat
- Read the conversation
- Like one or more of the tweets in that conversation.
Check out the list of educational hashtags you can search or use!
Challenge #6- Share Your Favorite Resource
(See the anatomy of a tweet below.)
1. Message cannot be longer than 140 characters.
2. Copy the URL of the resource and PASTE it into the tweet.
3. Add the hashtag #JonesPLN at the end before you post.
**Revise your tweet if you are over the max. 140 characters).
Help - posting links on a tweet
Help - posting a photo on a tweet
Challenge #7- Mark Your Calendar
Next chat: March 1, 2016 at 8PM.