Middle School News - March 8th
6th Grade class meeting, Tuesday at 9:15am at Code: Roletto
Message from Ms. Roletto
Big news today
The Oregon Governor made an announcement this afternoon about the re-opening of schools. I'm sure you will be receiving information from the district and we plan to send out more information about how it will impact Bridger in the coming days.
We know that kids will ask us questions about it and we will do our best to share what we know as I believe it's kind to be clear with our kids.
Mid-term progress reports - Pandemic fatigue
We hope that they will be mailed out by beginning of next week the latest to your homes.
We are very aware that our students are feeling fatigue whether they know it or not.
As a middle school team we are more than willing to connect to offer support. Please contact me at email@example.com if you have concerns. Or you can contact the teacher of your child in regards to specific class.
Kellogg Middle School Class Schedules for current 6th and 7th graders - THIS WEEK
Tuesday, March 9th - 9:15AM, 6th graders - Code: Roletto - Learn about the options
Tuesday, March 9th - 12:25PM (Lunch) 6th graders - Code:Roletto - Fill out form
Wednesday, March 10th - 9:00AM, 7th graders - Code: Roletto -Learn about the options
Wednesday, March 10th - 12:25, 7th graders - Code: Roletto - Fill out form
Thursday, March 11th - 9:00AM, Anyone who hasn't finished - Code: Roletto
Thursday, March 11th - 12:25PM, Anyone who hasn't finished - Code: Roletto
Middle School and HS Transition Plans
- 6th and 7th graders: please look for an email from Roletto with the recording of the AVID info meeting from this morning with a link to an application.
- Ms. Roletto will be working with the Harrison Park team to communicate and activities or meetings that may scheduled in the spring.
Kellogg Middle School:
- Principal Smith has started to form committees with teachers to start planning.
- He also would like to start a parent advisory group in April. It will be about two parents per grade level (5th-8th). I don't have final information, but if you want to be put on a list to be considered, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ms. Roletto will be helping to plan transition activities throughout the spring and will get information to you once we have a timeline to share.
- We know that high schools are deep in creating the master schedule for the school. We hope to hear what next steps are for families, but my guess would be mid spring.
MS "Lunch Hangout Times"
Opportunities to connect w/ others and counselor:
Ms. Howard office hours: CODE: howardoffice - Fridays 9:40-10:20
6th drop-in Lunch Group - CODE: 6lunch - Mondays 12:30 - 1pm
7th/8th drop-in Lunch Group - CODE: 78lunch - Tues 12:30 - 1pm
Student Council – CODE: bridgerstudentcouncil – Fri 1:10–1:55pm
QSA Group – Email Ms. Howard for code - Fridays 2-2:30pm
Ms. Howard can be reached at 971-378-0470 or email@example.com
COUNSELOR WEBSITE: https://sites.google.com/pps.net/bridger-k-8-counseling/home
Student Emails and Google Calendar
- Mr. Roletto will be sending information about activities throughout the year
- Teachers will confirm appointments with students
It's a skill they will need to have when they get to high school and expected to use.
Also it will be important for students to use their email because we WANT to text students, but we aren't able to use REMIND messaging directly with students as some parents have asked because their is an age requirement that most of our students don't meet.
Organization tip for students - WATCH
Video link: Ms. Roletto's organization tip