Shelbyville High School Newsletter
November 23, 2020
Parent and Guardian Letter from Superintendent Mary Harper
CHORAL DEPARTMENT ANNUAL HOLIDAY FUNDRAISER
HYBRID SCHEDULE PARENT LETTER
SHS Picture Day Schedule
Tuesday, December 1 = Students with last name M-Z
PICTURE RETAKE DAY
Monday, January 25 = Student with last name A-L and Virtual Students
Thursday, January 26 = Student with last name M-Z and Virtual Students
A message from the Counseling Department....
IU ACP Bill Due by December 10
Students who are enrolled in an IU ACP course will receive a billing statement email around Thanksgiving with a payment due date of December 10. IU will also be mailing a postcard to the homes of enrolled students. Make sure to pay your bill on time to avoid a frozen account.
Looking for resources? Check out this website: https://findhelp.org/ You can search by zip code and by various languages. Find food assistance, help paying bills, and other free or reduced cost programs, including new programs for the COVID 19 pandemic.
COURSE FEES ARE DUE NOW
Invoices have been mailed and fees are now due.
There are several ways to pay.
- Credit or Debit Card Through your Parent PowerSchool Account
- In the Front Office with cash, check, or money order.
- By mailing check or money order to Shelbyville High School 2003 South Miller Shelbyville IN 46176
If needed, you are able to set up a payment plan by calling Lori Creech at 317-398-9731 ext. 2003
Please feel free to call if you have any questions.
Free and Reduced Lunch Application
Gleaners Food Pantry Dates and Hours
The Food Pantry will be open from 3:15 - 4 at Gate D4 on the following dates:
December 2 and 16
January 6 and 20
February 3 and 17
March 3 and 17
April 7 and 21
May 5 and 19
Swimming & Diving (Co-Ed V) vs Whiteland
Tuesday, Nov. 24th, 6pm
2003 South Miller Street
CANCELLED - Wrestling (Boys JV) @ Westfield
Tuesday, Nov. 24th, 9pm
18250 North Union Street
Basketball (Boys FR/JV/V) @ Rushville
Wednesday, Nov. 25th, 6pm
1201 Lions Path
CANCELLED - Basketball (Girls JV/V) @ Pendleton Heights
Friday, Nov. 27th, 6pm
1 Arabian Drive
Basketball (Boys JV/V) vs Triton Central
Saturday, Nov. 28th, 6pm
2003 South Miller Street
2020-2021 Athletic Start Dates and Forms
Booster Club Membership Form
Check out what is happening in art class!
Follow @shelbyvilleartdept on Instagram for photos, weekly updates, and announcements from Mrs. Thorpe and Mrs. Renwick.
- Students MUST wear face coverings on the bus and at SHS.
- Students will be given 2 masks to wear or keep in case they forget their mask.
- Desks will be wiped down at the end of each class.
- Students should wash their hands often throughout the day.
- There will be 6 lunches instead of the standard 3 lunches.
- Lunches 1, 3, 5 will be in the cafeteria.
- Lunches 2, 4, 6 will be in and around Garrett Gymnasium.
- Students must practice social distancing guidelines.
- Students can't loiter in the hallways at this time.
- Any student or family that questions whether they should come to school because a potential positive COVID test of a close contact should contact SHS prior to coming to school. Please be aware of your symptoms and be responsible.
Face mask Guideline Changes
Face mask guidelines have now changed for different types of face covering that are acceptable
or unacceptable to wear. At this time, neck gaiters made of fleece, polyester or one-layer nylon
will not be permitted due to the lack of protection they offer when a person speaks, sneezes or
coughs. Bandanas of any material are not permitted.
SHELBYVILLE CENTRAL EDUCATION FOUNDATION
We hope you consider becoming a partner with Shelbyville Central Education Foundation by funding some unique programs for our students’ school. All donations are tax-deductible and will provide our students with the resources to be successful now and in the future. Please visit shelbycs.org and look for the foundation page, there you will find the Golden Opportunities page. On this page you can browse all the projects that are in need of funding. Here is a direct link to that page. https://foundation.shelbycs.org/
Thank you for your continued support.