Athens High School
**1. Graduation Survey- tell us what your preference for graduation
**2. Senior Survey- all students must complete using their school google account
3. Senior Scholarship Form- only complete if you've been offered scholarship money of any kind.
**4. Class Selection- Vote for your class poet, historian and optimist. Voting closes on Friday, May 8th.
**5. Final Transcript- If you plan to attend a college, university or training program in the summer OR fall, you must order a final transcript via Parchment. Those will not be send until the end of May.
6. Honor Cord Purchase- If you earned a diploma with an honors endorsement, you can order a cord for $15.
** for all students to complete
***MUST COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING***
You must fill this out if you've been offered a scholarship whether you will take it or not. This includes college scholarships, community scholarships, private scholarships, church scholarships, military enlistment, etc.
Let your voice be heard! Vote for your class historian, poet & optimist
College, universities, training programs and many jobs require your final transcript as proof that you indeed graduated. You must request those through Parchment. Those will be sent out at the end of May. Cost is free if ordered by June 30, 2020.
If you earned an honors diploma, you can order a cord at the website linked here under "General Studies". The cost is $15. Email me if you are not sure whether you qualify.
Digital Art is putting together a senior memories slideshow. It will include photos of action shots and memories (NOT senior portraits or baby shots) from this 2019-2020 school year. We really need your help! We want every senior to submit at least one photo for consideration for the slideshow so that all seniors are included. Please submit a photo with YOU in it! If you have any group photos of seniors, these are especially needed. The deadline for submitting by email to email@example.com is May 15. Thanks for your help!
Yearbook orders should still be available online. Ordering will be open through May 4th. Yearbooks can be purchased at https://www.yearbookordercenter.com/general/homepage?portal=true . This should take you directly to the order page for Athens High School so that you won't have to search for our school.
Senior yearbook ad sales will be available online at yearbookordercenter.com through the end of April. Once you select the ad size you would like to purchase, the website will walk you through each of the steps with a choice of ad templates. If you have any other questions, email Lesley Carter at Lesley.Carter@acs-k12.org.
I have heard from many of you, but I miss you all! Call, email, zoom me. I want to hear from you. If you need me my "office hours" are as follows. I can zoom with you during these times.
Counselor Office Hours
Great Information from Calhoun Community College
How do I turn in my applications?
If the instructions tell you to turn in your applications to me, you can email them to me at LauraLou.Smith@acs-k12.org or mail them to the school at 655 US Hwy 31 N. Athens, AL 35611. I had previously told some of you that we may have a drop off location. Unfortunately, we cannot offer a drop off due to Gov. Ivey's instructions. Instructions on how to scan documents on your phone are provided on the link below. Applications if mailed must be postmarked by the due date, not necessarily received.
Some applications give instructions for you to send them directly to the address listed.
What if an application requires a counselor signature and/or a transcript?
If it requires a transcript and/or my signature and you must turn it into me, I will add both of those after I receive them from you. If it requires my signature and you are mailing it elsewhere, my signature will be waived by the scholarship committee meaning it is not required any longer. If you need a copy of your transcript, request it through parchment.com and have it sent to your email. You can print off as many as needed.
All scholarships and special opportunities will be listed here in chronological order. This section will continue to grow throughout the year. Keep an eye out as new information is listed. If you see a scholarship that you are interested in and need an application, those are available in the scholarship box in the Guidance Office.
- The Jentzen Caleb Risner Superhero Memorial Scholarship was created to honor the memory of Andrew & Lauren Risner’s son, Jentzen Caleb Risner, who lived on this Earth for only 3.5 days. This scholarship exists to honor Jentzen’s memory and to reward students who have fought through life challenges all the while achieving success in high school. Students who have overcome a serious illness or other type of life challenge are encouraged to apply for this scholarship. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA and plan on attending a 2 or 4 year school. Applications are available https://docs.google.com/document/d/18idTS2LeyoQONOhKRRE31LUp5eNTxYdVBtOl7Q2ucDc/edit?usp=sharing. Deadline is MAY 8, 2020.
Calhoun Warhawks are Calhoun's official student ambassador organization. Students that are accepted as Warhawks receive a partial scholarship equivalent to two 3-semester hour courses during the fall and spring semesters for up to two years. In addition to the scholarship, students are taught hands on leadership and team building skills by assisting with campus receptions, special events, giving campus tours to prospective students, as well as representing the college as the official host/hostess of the college. To apply, visit www.calhoun.edu/warhawks. Deadline is midnight on June 1, 2020.
- The MG Law Scholarship is a $1,000 non-renewal scholarship offered to one student nationwide. Applicants must have a 3.0 GPA & submit a 45-60 second video that creates awareness around how to prevent drunk driving. To enter and for more information, visit https://www.mg4law.com/nationwide-scholarship/. Deadline is July 1, 2020.
- The City Property Management HOA Service Scholarship is available to seniors nationwide and will be awarded in the amount of $1,000. Students must have a 3.0 GPA and be pursueing an education that will lead into real estate. Go to http://cityproperty.com/phoenix#scholarship-link to apply. Deadline is July 31, 2020.
How to Order a Cap & Gown
By now, you need to have ordered your cap & gown. If you have not, you will have to order online. Balfour will no longer come to the school to accept orders. If you only would like to order a cap and gown, you can do it HERE (www.balfoursrc.com). Click on "Make a Payment" > click on "Athens High School" > fill out all of the information including height & weight > pay the $103.55 for the cap and gown plus a convenience fee for using a credit or debit card.
If you would like to order OTHER senior stuff (announcements, gear, etc.) plus your cap and gown, you need to click HERE (www.balfour.com). Search "Athens High School" and follow directions from there.If you have any further questions, you can contact our Balfour representatives at (423) 265-2060.