2nd Grade Superstars!
Week of October 19, 2015
Jake - 10/10
Ethan G. - 10/30
Monday - Math 4-1 & Read 10 min
Tuesday - Math 4-2 & Read 10 min
Wednesday - Math 4-3 & Read 10 min.
Thursday - Math 4-4 & Read 10 min., STUDY spelling ...test tomorrow
What's New This Week?
This week we begin Journeys Lesson 6 in Language Arts. Our Essential Question this week is "How can chapter headings help you?" Our new non-fiction story is titled Animals Building Homes. This week we will focus on final blends nd, ng, nk, ft, xt, mp, base words and prefixes -un, -re, and text and graphic features. In writing we will learn more about plural nouns, and Writing to Inform.
Words of the Week List #6
next end camp sank sing drink hunt stand long stamp pond bring jump left
Challenge words: young friend
Spelling test on Friday, 10/23
Our spelling focus this week is words with common final blends nd, ng, nk, nt, ft, xt, mp. Word lists can be found on our classroom website along with a link to the website Spelling City.
ENVISIONS MATH - This week we begin Topic 4 Place Value: Numbers to 100. During this topic students will be learning the different models for ones and tens, how to use symbols to compare numbers, ordering numbers, number patterns, even and odd numbers, and how to use data from a chart.
FIRST IN MATH - Keep up with the great work on the First in Math website. This is a wonderful activity to help strengthen your child's math skills on different levels.
* Friday, October 30th - 6:30-8:00 Trunk or Treat at Rolling Hills - for more information visit the Home and School website link http://www.rhhsa.org/trunk-or-treat-2015.html
* Friday, November 6th - 6:00 PM - FAMILY BINGO...come join the fun! http://www.crsd.org/domain/2274
* Visit the Rolling Hills Home & School Association website for announcements and information http://www.rhhsa.org/
* Volunteer for Halloween Party (helping to get dressed and come in after the parade for a special treat). A random draw will be made if more than needed volunteers. You are still welcome to join us at Twining and the parade!
* Coat Drive - Please send in used but good condition coats by 10/23. Coats will be donated to "Warm at Heart". Thank you!
* Now that temperatures are cooling down, please remind your child to bring a sweatshirt or jacket to wear out for recess.
10/26 6:30-8:30 Skating Party at the Palace
10/27 Picture Re-Take Day
10/30 Walk to Twining Village to sing 1:45, RHE Halloween Parade 2:30
10/30 Trunk or Treat 6:30-8:00 PM http://www.rhhsa.org/trunk-or-treat-2015.html
11/6 RHE Family Night Bingo