Welcome 5th Graders
August 27, 2020
Dear 5th Grade Families,
With the health concerns around having all of our 5th grade families in the building for our traditional orientation, I have decided to do something different. Below you will find a link to my video tour of AAK (not professionally done). You will also see a link to a building map that I created to provide students and families with another visual of the AAK layout.
Students had the opportunity to meet their 5th grade teacher in June during our virtual meet the teacher event, and 5th grade staff will be creating video classroom tours the week before school starts. I will share these out with the particular classrooms at the end of that week.
If after viewing my video you would still like to do an in-person tour of the building, please use the link below "Physical Tour" to sign-up. During the in-person tour we will not be able to enter any classrooms, but we will be able to walk through the hallways. Masks will be required for the tours.
The transition to 5th grade is a big one for our students and families. The current situation has made this even more challenging. However, the faculty at AAK will make the transition a wonderful experience for you and your child.
Here's how it works in 3 easy steps:
1) Click this link to see our SignUp on SignUp.com: https://signup.com/go/vdkvuKO
2) Review the options listed and choose the spot(s) you like.
3) Sign up! It's Easy - you will NOT need to register an account or keep a password on SignUp.com.
Note: SignUp.com does not share your email address with anyone. If you prefer not to use your email address, please contact me and I can sign you up manually
- Students will be attending school four days a week (In most situations, if there is a short week, 5th grade students will attend all days that week)
- In a five day week, the fifth day will be a remote day for all students. On the remote day, students will need to connect with their teacher for attendance purposes.
- Students will wear masks all day, but will be given masks breaks throughout the day.
- Students will remain in their classroom for all classes except PE and lunch/recess. For special classes such as art and music the teacher will come to their classroom.
- The locker rooms will not be available to students for PE.
Online Learning Meal Options
Potsdam Central School has scheduled meal kit pick-ups on Fridays between 11:30-12:30 p.m. for those families who have completed the online pre-order process. Families will be able to submit pre-orders starting on August 31.
Pre-orders must be made weekly to receive meal kits. The pre-order form will open every Monday with a deadline of every Wednesday at 10 a.m. in order to receive meal kits for the following week.
The cost of the meal kits will include the required number of breakfasts and lunches.
Families who have not applied for Free and Reduced-Priced benefits should submit a Family Meal Application to see if they qualify. For those who do not qualify for free or reduced meals will be required to pay at the time of pick up.
Here’s How to Get Started
First, families who do not already have a Myschoolbucks.com login should create an account. There is no charge to create an account. You can access this account via web or mobile app. Here you can add money to your child’s account.
To create an account, parents will need to know their student’s school ID number. Students may know their number as they use it in the café on a normal basis. If you need help with getting the ID number please call 315-265-2000x472.
The new online ordering allows for parents to pick-up meal kits without their students having to be present. Families will need to order meals using the google order form. The form does need to be filled out weekly.
When parents arrive at the pick-up location, they will confirm with a staff member who they are picking up for.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-265-2000 x472.
Weekly Order Form