English 10B Ms. Miller
February 26 - March 2
Welcome to Trimester 3!
Dear students and families of English 10B,
I am excited to be starting off this trimester of English with you! I will be keeping you updated via this newsletter on a weekly basis as we journey through this busy English class. Please download our class syllabus here for general class information such as a grading breakdown, class outline, student expectations, and my academic honesty policy. Please feel free to contact me at any time with your questions or concerns. Below you will find all of my contact information.
Looking forward to a GR8 trimester!
THIS WEEK IN ENGLISH 10B
What's Ahead this week
- Monday: Students will be introduced to the class syllabus, grading, routines, and expectations. We will create a classroom playlist and visit the library to choose SSR books.
- Tuesday: Students will be gone on a field trip. Have fun! :)
- Wednesday: We will begin our grammar study of appositives which will include daily work over the next two weeks. We will look at how appositives work and practice recognizing how they are used in a variety of sentences.
- Thursday: We will check our homework over appositives, take a quick quiz over appositives, and then begin our study of literacy narratives. Students will read from the online Norton book and complete a notes worksheet over that reading.
- Friday: We will revisit the key concepts of the reading over literacy narratives and complete a group activity that will help students demonstrate what they know about the three key features of a literacy narrative.
Homework this Week
- Appositives Practice 1 (handout) due Thursday
- Reading from the Norton online book (link on assignment) with assignment "Norton Literacy Narrative Reading Notes" (Canvas) due Friday
My name is Angie Miller and this is my second year of teaching at GR. I am from Iowa, but have lived all over the state. I graduated with my Masters in Teaching from the University of Iowa in 2016 and moved to Reinbeck right away to begin my high school teaching career. I love traveling, cooking, reading, and running. I find my joy for teaching in helping students find books that engage them and hearing their voices in writing. Please feel free to follow my teacher Instagram and Twitter (@MsAngieIowa) and check out my website (link below)!