First Solo Transatlantic Airplane Flight
Why Charles Lindbergh became famous!
At 25 Lindbergh instantly became famous after he won Orteig Prize, a solo non-stop flight. He flew across the Atlantic Ocean, started in New York and landed in Paris, France.
Facts About Charles Lindbergh!
- He was born in Detroit, Michigan on February 4, 1902.
- He died in Maui, Hawaii in 1974 (at age 74).
- Charles Hardin was his trainer and he was Erold Bahl's assistant.
- He became famous at 25 years old.
- He flew across the Atlantic in 1927, he started in New York to Paris, France.
How he affected the U.S.
He changed the U.S. socially more than anything. He became famous for making the First Solo Transatlantic Airplane Flight in 1927. Other aviators probably wanted to become known to him. They wanted to be trained by him. Also, the U.S. finally had a famous man fly across the Atlantic!
Lindbergh in his plane!
This was taken right before his take over the Atlantic!
Lindbergh next to his plane
Next to his plane he named "Spirit of St. Louis"
This was Charles Lindbergh himself!