Cookbook for Kids
Healthy Recipes for Young Children (Kameryn Markham)
Nuggets & Noodles (Parents.com)
- 12 oz of spaghetti
- 1 package (12 oz) breaded, ready-to-serve chicken nuggets
- 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to directions on package.
- While the spaghetti is cooking, heat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil. Place nuggets on prepared baking sheet, and bake 8 minutes. Spoon 1/2 cup marinara sauce over nuggets. Top with shredded mozzarella; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake nuggets 4 minutes more
- Heat remaining marinara sauce, and toss with cooked pasta. Top with baked chicken nuggets.
Easy Chicken and Dumplings (Pillsbury.com)
- 1 carton (32 oz) chicken broth (4 cups)
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (about 1 1/2lbs)
- 1 can (10.75 oz) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury Grands! Homestyle refrigerated buttermilk biscuits (8 biscuits)
- 2 medium carrots, chopped (1 cup)
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- In 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven, heat broth, chicken, soup and poultry seasoning to boiling over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Increase heat to medium-high; return to a low boil.
- On lightly floured surface, roll or pat each biscuit to 1/8-inch thickness; cut into 1/2-inch-wide strips.
- Drop strips, one at a time, into boiling chicken mixture. Add carrots and celery. Reduce heat to low. Cover; simmer 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent dumplings from sticking.
Egg Muffins (Parents.com)
- 5 eggs
- 3/4 cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & pepper
- Lightly beat 5 eggs.
- Stir in 3/4 cup chopped sweet pepper, 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Coat six 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with nonstick cooking spray.
- Divide egg mixture among muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until set.
Fruit Nacho Snack Idea
Egg Salad with Pita Crackers (Parents.com)
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped
- 1 tablespoon low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- salt & pepper
- whole grain pita round
- olive oil spray
- Combine boiled egg with low-fat plain Greek yogurt, salt, and pepper.
- Serve with homemade pita chips;
- cut a whole grain pita round into 8 wedges. Mist on olive oil spray and bake at 375 degrees F for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve with carrots. Pack four chips with the lunch.
Turkey & Cheese Quesadilla (Parents.com)
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 8-inch whole grain tortillas
- cooked turkey (or chicken) (2 oz)
- shredded Cheddar cheese (2 Tbs.)
- sliced green or red peppers (1 Tbs.)
- In a medium pan, heat olive oil over medium heat.
- Add a tortilla. On one half of the tortilla, layer 2 oz. cooked turkey or chicken, 2 Tbs. shredded Cheddar, and 1 Tbs. sliced green or red peppers.
- Fold over the other half of tortilla and flip to brown each side and melt cheese, about 1 to 2 minutes per side.
Chicken Tetrazini (peanutblossom.com)
- 1 7oz package of spaghetti
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup (4 oz) parmesan cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 jar of Alfredo sauce (16 oz)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp Penzeys Pasta Sprinkle
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Prep pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, stir together chicken, parmesan cheese, and rest of the ingredients; stir in pasta.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes or until bubbly.
Chili Cheese Crescent Dogs (diaryofarecipecollector.com)
- 1 8 count can refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 15 oz. can hot dog chili (no beans)
- 8 hot dogs
- 1 cup shredded cheese (Colby Jack or Cheddar)
- Optional toppings: diced onions, jalapenos
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Unroll crescent dough triangles. Place a hot dog on the wide end of the crescent dough. Sprinkle a little shredded cheese on top of hot dog and roll up. Place in an 8 x 8 casserole dish. Repeat with remaining hot dogs while arranging them to fit in casserole dish.
- Bake for about 8 to 10 minutes or just until crescents are beginning to turn golden.
- Remove and top with chili and remaining shredded cheese. Place back in oven for another 3 to 5 minutes or until cheese melts and crescents finish turning golden brown.
- Top with diced onions and/or jalapenos, if desired.
Creamy Crockpot Chicken & Broccoli over Rice (picky-palate.com)
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounce can Cream of Chicken Soup
- 14 ounce can Cheddar Soup
- 14 ounces Chicken Broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 6 cups steamed broccoli florets (Boiled in hot water for 3 minutes then drained)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Place soups, chicken broth, Cajun and garlic salt into a crockpot over low heat. Whisk until smooth. Add chicken, pressing to the bottom. Cover lid and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- When chicken is cooked, use 2 forks to shred into bite size pieces. Stir in sour cream and broccoli.
- Serve over steamed rice and sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Baked Sloppy Joes (thediaryofarealhousewife.com)
- Ground Turkey, 1 lb
- Onion, 1/2 cup chopped
- Tomato Sauce, 15 oz
- Brown Sugar, 1 tbsp
- Worcestershire Sauce, 2 tsp
- Seasoning Salt, 1 tsp
- Jumbo Biscuits, 1 package of 8
- Start by browning your ground turkey and then add chopped onions. Allow to cook for until your ground turkey is completely cooked through.
- Add tomato sauce, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce, and seasoning salt. Allow to cook together for 3-4 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Flatten your biscuits and then add about 2 spoonfuls of sloppy joe mix to each biscuits. Fold biscuit over and pinch end together.
- Place on a cookie sheet and allow to cook for 13-15 minutes or until your biscuits have started to brown on the top.
Bacon Club Baked Sliders (mrshappyhomemaker.com)
- 1 package of 12 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1 stick of butter
- 3 heaping tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ pound sliced ham
- ¼ pound sliced turkey
- 10 slices of cooked crispy bacon
- 6 slices American cheese
- ¼ to ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- diced green onions (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter in a skillet on medium heat.
- Add the onions, and cook for 5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic, & cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, & poppy seeds and cook until the onions are soft (about 10 more minutes).
- Slice the rolls in half all at once & place the bottom half in a 9×13 casserole dish.
- Spread on ¾ of the onion mixture; top with the ham, turkey, 8 slices of bacon, cheese, & top half of the buns.
- Spread the remaining onion mixture on top of the buns – then the remaining 2 slices of bacon, crumbled.
- Cover with aluminum foil & bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle on the shredded Cheddar cheese, place back in the oven for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Remove from the oven, and garnish with chopped green onions. Slice down the seams to make individual sliders.