Brookwood Elementary School - October 1, 2021
Mark Your Calendar:
- October 4 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 2; 2-3 - Day 1
- October 4 - PTA Charleston Wrap Orders Due
- October 5 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 3; 2-3 - Day 2
- October 6 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 4; 2-3 - Day 3
- October 7 - 11 - Fall Break - Student/Staff Holidays
- October 12 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 5; 2-3 - Day 4
- October 13 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 6; 2-3 - Day 5
- October 14 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 7; 2-3 - Day 6
- October 15 - Specials: K,1,4,5 - Day 8; 2-3 - Day 7
- October 20 - Digital Learning Day #2
- October 20 - 21 - Scholastic Book Fair - Open for Purchase - 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- October 21 - Early Release Day
- October 26 - Dogwood Pizza Night
Thank you to our BES Custodians!
PTA's Fall Fundraiser Golden Ticket Weekend
Go to the PTA website for information on how to support the fall fundraiser by shopping or making a direct donation.
5th Graders - Join the BES Chorus!
If your 5th Grader would like to join the Chorus, please complete the two step process:
- Complete the BES Chorus Application.
- Pay the $15 chorus fee at the MyPaymentsPlus website. The chorus fee includes the cost of concert attire.
You will be notified when the Chorus begins meeting. If you have any questions, please email Mr. Reyes.
The Scholastic Book Fair is coming to Brookwood Elementary!
- October 12th - 14th - Student Book Preview
- October 15th - 22nd - Student Book Purchasing
- October 20th & 21st - Book Fair Open to the Public for Parent Purchasing* 1:00 - 3:00 pm
Make shopping easy with a safe, cashless way to shop the book by setting up an eWallet for your student at the Scholastic Book Fair website.
* Parents and students wishing to purchase will enter the Media Center from its outside door NOT the BES front doors.
Brookwood Elementary Spelling Bee
You can begin helping your student prepare now using the School Spelling Bee Study List.
Yearbook Now on Sale
Place your order TODAY to purchase this year's yearbook for for the low price for $36.00. The price of the yearbook will increase on October 30th! (Credit card installment plan is available.)
One Month Left to Purchase a 5th Grade Ad!
Create and purchase your 5th grade ad between now and November 1st at the the Jostens website! This year we have two ad sizes to choose from: 1/4 Page - $30 and 1/8 Page - $20.
A MESSAGE FROM The BES HEALTH RESPONSE TEAM
Did you know that Brookwood ES has a Health Response Team (HRT) which manages and communicates COVID related information with staff, students and parents? The HRT gathers information, conducts contact investigations and communicates as needed. In the next few months, it is important that you continue to alert the school if your child develops symptoms or tests positive for the virus.
Common symptoms include:
Fever (100.4 or higher), Cough, Shortness of breath, muscle/body aches, headache, new loss of taste or smell, congestion/runny nose, nausea/vomiting, sore throat, fatigue
Brookwood ES HRT Members:
Brookwood ES: 770-736-4360
Brooke Ahlers: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridget Fagan: email@example.com
Tiffany Pruitt: firstname.lastname@example.org
Debbie Taylor: email@example.com
Bidding for Good
- Student Principal for the Day - auction ends November 1, 2021
- Lunch with the Principal (1 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Lunch with the Principal (2 of 2) - auction ends January 14, 2022
- Morning Announcements with the Principal for a Week - auction ends February 4, 2022