Hearing is a sound investment!!
- Provides treatment by cleaning ear canal; conducting auditory training and instruction in speech and lip reading; counseling patients and families;and guiding technical staff.
- I would dislike cleaning peoples ears , but i would enjoy conducting audio training and counseling patients and families.
Personal Characteristics Needed
- To be an audiologist you have be patient, sensitive, caring ,and tactful.
- Also audiologist have exceptional skills in observation, concentration, and record keeping. Although audiologist are independent workers they should be able to communicate with there patients.
- Standard courses include anatomy and physiology of the body as it regulates to hearing, speech, and language; communication disorders; and psychological aspects of communication.
- Must have a licensing of audiologists.
- Individuals must have a masters degree in Audiology from an accredited program. A professional or clinical doctoral degree is becoming increasingly necessary as state license requirements are revised.
- Audiologist work in many different types of facilities.
- Most work 40-50 hours per week; some work part-time.
- They frequently work with other medical specialists, speech-language pathologists, educators, engineers, scientists, and allied health professionals.
- As an individual worker it can be kind of stressful regarding to all the hours you will work a week.
Wages and Benefits
- Audiologist earn a median annual salary of $71,170 and median hourly wages of $34.22 (U.S.)
- I see this job providing enough income for me to live according to my expectations, but i will like more money than this.
- Experienced workers can earn up to $100,000.
- A similar job to an Audiologist is an Audiology technician the instruct your ears to make sure everything is okay.
- Yes my background would be able to help me get the job because i would already have experience.
- Important things you should keep in mind is how the job works and what you will need to be doing for this job.
- I think this occupation will be a good fit for me because i like what they do and how they pay.
- Some pros for this job is that i will be able to help people with speech and language skills and also with there hearing, but some cons are i will have to clean out there ears before testing.
www. Monster. com
www. personalcenter. org
www.asha . org
www. careerplanning .com