Willow Parent Bulletin # 28
April 9, 2021
- Students arriving in-person after 8AM are considered tardy and need to be walked to the office to check in.
- If your child has scheduled times with an interventionist, he/she really needs that small group time so punctuality and attendance should be a priority.
- When your child is absent, please call to let us know. If he/she is ill, please also let us know the symptoms. The attendance hotline is: 708-647-2200.
- Pick-up and drop-off are busy times out front. PLEASE do not double park or U-Turn. Be sure to check the signs when you park, too. There are several places where no parking is permitted at any time.
- Kindergarten students must be met at the bus stop by an approved adult, or they will return to school and need to be picked up.
Thank you to all of you who took time to do the 5 Essentials survey. We appreciate the feedback you provided.
Prepping for next year
As part of planning, parents are encouraged to give input about the learning environment where their child will be most successful. I already get information from your child’s teacher and also appreciate your perspective on how he/she learns best. Any supplemental information on learning style, achievement, and behavior is appreciated. Sometimes a good friend isn’t the best classmate. If you know of any potential personality conflicts with other students, please include that as well.
We do not honor requests for specific teachers since we know they are all well qualified to meet the high expectations in Homewood. Please have your letter in by June 1, 2021. You can email, mail, or drop it in the box outside Door A.
Book Blurb: "Why Am I Me?"
Apr. 12: Online registration for next year opens
Apr. 21: Administrative Professionals' (Secretaries') Day
Apr. 23: School Improvement Day - ALL STUDENTS REMOTE with 11:30 AM early dismissal
May 7: School Improvement Day - ALL STUDENTS REMOTE with 11:30 AM early dismissal
May 12: School Nurse's Day
May 28: School Improvement Day - ALL STUDENTS REMOTE with 11:30 AM early dismissal
May 31: NO School- Memorial Day
June 1: Parent placement information for next year is due
JUNE 3: LAST DAY - School Improvement Day - ALL STUDENTS REMOTE with 11:30 AM early dismissal