Ms. Crisp's Weekly Newsletter
April 11th - 15th
What's Happening This Week?
Great to have everyone back! Just a few things to keep in mind this week:
The practice EOG packet that I sent home with each student before Spring Break is due tomorrow, Monday April 11th. Please help your student make sure that they've completed it on time!
We'll also be having a practice Reading EOG during class on Tuesday April 12th. This will help your student by giving them practice with the format of the test and the kinds of questions that could be asked. It will also help me as a teacher by revealing any areas we might need to review before the actual EOG! We'll have a practice Math EOG as well, next Tuesday, April 19th.
In the classroom, we're beginning our solar system unit in Science, working with graphs in Math, and working with idioms in ELA!
What Are We Learning This Week?
- Daily 5: Literal and non-literal meanings of idioms and, as always, building up stamina to be better readers and writers.
- Reading Groups: Deciphering and summarizing non-fiction texts.
- Science: Space and the planets!
- Math: A quick unit on graphs.
Help! We're really beginning to run low on:
- Lined notebook paper
We can always use more snack! Some great snack options are:
Cheez-its or Cheese Nips
Animal crackers (not frosted)
Fruits and veggies (dried or otherwise)
Individually packaged snacks, like granola bars or portion bags of popcorn
- Any kind of healthy snack that I can give out to the whole class!
Thank you for your generosity!