NRMS Family Newsletter
For the weeks of January 2nd & 9th, 2023
North Rockford Middle School
Assistant Principal: Al Reickard
Student Activities/AD: Jen Domagalski
Counselors: Karla Koops-Fikse and Angie Ohlman
Happy New Year, NRMS Families!
Students Enjoying PJ Day!
Mr Barr & Mrs Deuel Supporting School Spirit!
NWEA MAP Growth Testing is coming soon!
WINTER TESTING SESSION
January 16th - 27th
NWEA Map Growth Parent Video Link
- This assessment helps our students see their growth and achievement. It also provides information to families and schools on how we are doing in comparison to students across the Nation.
- The scores from this winter assessment are used as a data point for future planning and scheduling of students. This assessment is used when considering students for academically advanced classes and classes that offer additional support, which includes ROCK and LAB course offerings.
A few tips to help your child:
- Please encourage your child to do their personal best!
- Have your child get a good night's sleep.
- Minimize the use of technology prior to bedtime.
- Have your child eat a well-balanced breakfast or eat breakfast at school.
- This is an adaptive test that adjusts depending on your child's responses. There will be some questions that may challenge your child. Please encourage your child to use the test-taking strategies they have earned throughout the school year.
6th Grade Student Schedule:
- Reading: Monday, January 16th
- Math: Thursday, January 19th
- Science: Monday, January 23rd
- Language Usage, Wednesday, January 25th
7th and 8th Grade Student Schedule:
- Reading: January 16th and 17th
- Math: January 18th and 19th
- Science: January 23rd and 24th
- Language Usage: January 25th and 26th
North Rockford MS Yearbook
Cost: $39 August 1st–October 10th
Cost: $42 October 8th–December 16th
Cost: $45 December 17th–May 5th
Purchase your yearbook now at the lowest price of the year.
To order go to:
RAM Time Career Speakers Still Needed!
We are looking for members of the NRMS Community to share information about their careers with students. This commitment would involve 30 minutes of your time and will make a difference in the futures of our students. Please sign up for this exciting opportunity via the link below!
NRMS Counseling Support
Mrs. Koops-Fikse and Mrs. Ohlman are here to support your child! If your child is in need of academic, social, or emotional support, please have them come to our office. We are also available by contacting (616) 863-6313.
Last Names A - L: Karla Koops-Fikse
Last Names M-Z: Angie Olhman
NRMS Counseling Dog
Absences are required to be called into the attendance office @ 616.863.6300 in order to be excused.
Please leave a message on our voicemail if you are calling after hours.
- Student's name
- Reason for Absence - if it is an illness we need to know the symptoms of the illness - vomiting, coughing, fever, cold, diarrhea - whatever the reason may be