JCPRD @ Shawanoe
March 2016 Newsletter
2015 Child Care Tax Statements
Our JCPRD Registration Office will be e-mailing your 2015 child care expense report to you the week of January 4-8, 2016. Please check your inbox this week for that information as well as your SPAM folder in case it gets stuck there. Thanks you.
For claiming Child and Dependent Care Tax Credits,
the Johnson County Park and Recreation District’s
Tax Identification Number (TIN) is 48-6090320.
Program Director: Adrian Ludwig
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Spring is almost here… hopefully! JCPRD and March will be a month full of shamrocks, rainbows and pots of gold! We will focus our attention to St. Patrick’s Day and warmer weather to come. We will also begin working on “The Great Kindness Challenge” that challenges each child to perform as many kind deeds as they can. Four leaf clovers are lucky, so I’m sharing and sending some GOOD LUCK your way!
Dates to Remember...
Fee Due Dates:
- March 25
- April 8
- April 22
- May 6
- May 20 (1/2 payment)
- March 21 - No School
- March 25
- May 5
- May 26 (LAST DAY OF SCHOOL)
All Program Days:
- April 15 - Hours are 7:00-6:00pm
- May 6 - Hours are 7:00-6:00pm
- May 27 - Hours are 7:00-6:00pm
JCPRD's Chilrden Service's Trucks and Big Rigs!
JCPRD Summer Camp is approaching...
Indoor Summer Camp Registration is NOW OPEN! Please download the forms from our website, www.jcprdkids.com. Forms will have to be scanned into the Registration Office.
Additional Information below...
Location: Shawanoe Elementary (Combining with Benninghoven)
Directors: Denise Allen and myself will be sharing duties
First Day of Camp: Monday, June 6
Last Day of Camp: Friday, July 29
Snow Day Information!
JCPRD is unable to provide services in USD #512 (SMSD) facilities when severe weather leads to school closures. We are sorry for any inconvience!
How Do You Know if It Is A Snow Day?
1. Call the cell: 913-991-7539
2. Check out the District Website
3. Watch the local news for school closures
4. Look at JCPRDkids Twitter account
Sign up for message alerts from SMSD: http://www.smsd.org/parents/Pages/smsdalert.aspx
We are very excited to report that we have taken the Commit to Health Pledge! In doing so you can expect to see our out of school time participants engaging in more physical activity, learning about good nutrition, and eating healthier snacks while in attendance at JCPRD. Commit to Health is an initiative of the National Recreation and Park and Association and The Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Our staff has worked hard to develop a new food service menu that features items that are nutrient dense, low in fat, sugar, and sodium, as well as more fresh fruits and vegetables. Please support our efforts to help students develop healthy eating habits by encouraging them to be open to trying new foods and by reinforcing the benefits of nutritious diet. Healthy snacks and meals improve cognitive function, increase energy, and help children grow strong muscles and bones!
Ernie Miller Nature Center!
Yo Yo Mania!
Outdoor Race Track!!
- Check-In: Students will report to Classroom #18 after school.
**If you know your child(ren) will not be in OST please call us at 913.991.7539 or email me at Adrian.email@example.com. If a student has not checked in with us, we will contact you if we haven't heard from you first.
- Snack/Homework Club: 3:30-4:00 JCPRD will provide two healthy options for your child to choose from. At this time, students will be allowed to complete school work in the MPR. Please discuss with your child if they should participate in the homework club. JCPRD is not responsible if homework does not get completed.
- Activities: 4:00-5:30 - Students will be able to choose which activity they would like to participate in for the day. Activities will include, but are not limited to... STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics) programs, cooking programs, nature programs, active programs, and MORE!
- Outside/Gym Time: 4:00-5:30 - We believe it is essential for minds and bodies to have mental health breaks and join in on fitness breaks. Weather permitting we will go outside. JCPRD follows the Shawnee Mission school district’s weather policy. Please remember to have your child(ren) layer up and bring a jacket. We will have structured activities for them to do during this time as well as free play.
- Check-Out: 5:30-6:00 - Back to classroom. When you come to pick up your child(ren) please remember to WALK IN and SIGN THEM OUT as well as Initial in the box. If there is no initial in the box our policy is to call you to make sure that you have your student. There is a late charge of a $1 per minute after 6:05pm.
JCPRD Program Information!
Please make sure that you read over the parent handbook for our mission statement, goals, program description, hours, costs, holidays, payment schedule, and policy statements.