- More than 360,000,000 acres in the Great Basin.
- These soils are well drained and formed in alluvium derived from mixed rock sources.
- (Sub)Surface layer:light brownish gray sandy loam.
Subsoil: light gray sandy loam.
Substratum-upper: light brownish gray very fine sandy loam with carbonates.
Substratum-lower: pale brown silt loam with carbonates.
- Soil moisture: Usually moist in winter and spring , dry from late June through early November, aridic moisture regime that borders on xeric.
- Used for livestock grazing and wildlife habitat.
Where the soil is found in Nevada:
Extensive in northern Nevada.