Back to School 2022-2023
July 6, 2022
- SRTC: 2 David Sippy Drive - Monett
- Interpreters available
- Documents Needed: Immunization record, birth certificate (to verify correct spelling of name, please provide a birth certificate, affidavit or hospital records), proof or residency (accepted documents: rent or mortgage agreement, electric bill, gas bill).
- Thursday, July 28 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Friday, July 29 10:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Saturday, July 30 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
E-Registration Deadline August 16 & 18
To complete E-Registration, please click HERE to login.
Steps for E-Registration
Click HERE for steps on how to complete E-Registration.
Forgot your password?
Click on the "Forgot Username or Password". To reset your password, you must enter the email you used to create your account.
You can't remember which email you used?
Contact your student's school office. The office hours have been listed under each campus below. *Ask to speak to an administrative assistant; they are the pros! You will not get a 'reset link' if you enter the wrong email.
For any other issues, contact your child's school office.
- MECC: August 18 from 1:00-6:00 pm
- MES: August 18 from 3:00-6:00 pm
- MIS: August 18 from 5:00-6:30 pm
- MMS: August 16 from 6:00-7:30 pm
- MHS: August 16 from 6:00-7:30 pm
First Student - Transportation Services
Monett R-1 contracts with First Student (formerly Apple Bus Company) to provide bus transportation to the students in the district.
To better serve our students, some changes have been made to the bus routes for the new school year.
Transportation services and information will be available at the following events:
- New Student Enrollment: 7/28 10-6 pm, 7/29 10-6 pm, 7/30 8-4 pm
- MECC - Aug 18 1:00-6:00 pm
- MES - Aug 18 3:00-6:00 pm
- MIS - Aug 18 5:00-6:30 pm
- MMS - Aug 16 6:00-7:30 pm
- MHS - Aug 16 6:00-7:30 pm
You may also contact the First Student office at 417-354-0941 with questions on bus stops and transportation needs Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Student Device Usage Fee
Any student attending the district is eligible to use a district-owned device. The non-refundable usage fee must be paid in full prior to a student being eligible to take a device off of district property for grades 6-12.
Follow this link for terms, payment, benefits, common repairs, replacement costs, and an FAQ section.
Students in PK-5th grade will not be taking devices home (unless there is district need/situation that would require all students to have a device at home). A device fee of $30 ($15 Free/Reduced Lunch) will be collected for all students grades 6-12.
School Meals Update
The bill for free school lunches for all students did not pass through the Senate earlier this year. When the COVID-19 pandemic hit, the federal government funded a program that allowed all students—even those not previously eligible—to receive free meals. However, recently they have declined to continue funding this program.
If your child qualifies for free or reduced meals, they can still receive them. To receive free/reduced meals, parents must take action NOW and complete the Free/Reduced Meal application as soon as possible.
The Free/Reduced Meal application is linked below.
If you have any questions or need help filling out the Free/Reduced Meal application, please call Shannon Lyman at 417-354-2181 ext: 1.
Did you know? Completing the Free and Reduced Lunch Application helps in many areas beyond free or reduced price meals? One form ensures continued funding to support all students. Fill out the Free/Reduced Lunch Application today!
Letter to Parents
Frequently Asked Questions
How to Apply
Instructions on how to apply for free and reduced price school meals.
Free/Reduced Meal Application
If you need assistance with the Free/Reduced Meal Application, please call your child's school office.
The Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals CARE Mobile is a pediatric clinic on wheels, offering basic health care services for children aged 2 months to 18 years. This service is provided through a partnership between CMN Hospitals, CoxHealth and a large family of supporters. The CARE Mobile offers:
- Sports Physicals: Free of charge to any student that has medicaid, no insurance, or qualifies for free or reduced lunches. For all students with normal insurance, the cost is $10.
- Vaccine Clinics: Carry both insurance and VFC vaccines
- Hearing and Vision: Kindergarten, 1st, 3rd, and 5th grades - free of charge
- Sick Visits
- Well Child Checks
For questions about CARE Mobile pricing or financial assistance, please call 417-269-5437.
CARE Mobile Dates, Locations, Physicals, Immunizations
Care Mobile Dates & Locations
- July 28 from 10:00 am- 6:00 pm at SRTC - New Student Enrollment for Immunizations and Physicals
- August 3 from 8:00 am - 3:00 pm at MHS - Immunizations & Physicals
- August 18 from 1:00-6:00 pm at the MECC - Open House PK & K Immunizations
- If you plan on using the CARE Mobile services, please complete this form prior to your visit: Care Mobile Authorization Form
- If your student is getting a physical, please complete the MSHAA Physical form and the MSHAA Pre-Participation Documentation Annual Requirements form.
There will be Immunization Clinics through CoxHealth offered during the listed enrollment times above, if you would like to use that resource. You can also get the required vaccinations at the health department or your students' primary care physician.
The immunization requirements are:
- Pre K- routine immunizations
- Kindergarten- Dtap, IPV, MMR, Varicella
- Incoming 8th graders need TDap and 1st meningitis.
- Incoming Seniors need their 2nd meningitis.
For any other questions, please call your child's school office.
Monett Early Childhood Center Information
- Principal: Kayla Roderman
- Administrative Assistant: Irene Cavazos
- Counselor: Nicole Coffey
- Nurse: Kristen Earnest, RN
- MECC Release of Teacher Names: All new student requirements (E-Registration, immunization record, proof of residency) must be completed/submitted before the name of the child’s teacher is released. Please provide a birth certificate if available. Parents may start calling the office (417-354-2168) to find out the name of their child’s teacher as of Wednesday, August 10th.
- Open House: August 18 from 1:00-6:00 PM
School Supply List for Grades PK-K
Monett Elementary School Information
- Principal: Sarah Garner
- Assistant Principal: Miranda Hendrick
- Administrative Assistants: Susana Aguayo, Meagan Bartz
- Counselors: Leslie Henry, Travis Vanhorn
- Nurse: Lori Raley, RN
- MIS Release of Teacher Names: All student requirements (E-Registration, immunization record) must be completed/submitted, before the name of the child's teacher is released. Parents may start calling the office to find out the name of their child's teacher as of Wednesday, August 10th.
- Open House: August 18 from 3:00-6:00 PM
School Supply List for Grades 1-3
Monett Intermediate School Information
- Principal: Jennifer Wallace
- Administrative Assistant: Debbie Kenney
- Counselor: Jessica Deffendall
- Student Success Coach: Kourtney Brown
- Nurse: Lisa Ramsey
- Office Support & District Translator: Claudia Ortiz
- MIS Release of Teacher Names: All student requirements (E-Registration, immunization record) must be completed/submitted before the name of the child's teacher is released. Parents may start calling the office to find out the name of their child's teacher as of Wednesday, August 10th.
- Open House: August 18 from 5:00-6:30 PM
School Supply List for Grades 4-5
Monett Middle School Information
- Principal: Dr. Jay Apostol
- Dean of Students & Assistant Athletic Director: Michael Calhoun
- Administrative Assistants: Maria Morales & Cinthia Cole
- Counselor: Jessica Deffendall
- Counseling Intern: Veda Moore
- Nurse: Kayla Bryan
- Schedule Pick Up: August 15 from 9:00 am-6:30 pm (E-Registration must be completed)
- 6th Grade Orientation: Tuesday, August 2, 2022 from 6:00 pm-7:05 pm.
- Open House: August 16 from 6:00-7:30 PM
School Supply List for Grades 6-8
Monett High School Information
- Principal: Stephanie Heman
- Assistant Principal: Ty Goetz
- Dean of Students & Athletic Director: Daryl Bradley
- Administrative Assistants: Carissa Smith & Carrie Bradley (main office), Nora Ruiz (counseling office), Susie Jenkins (athletics dept.)
- Counselors: Anna Lamar, Kimberly Maskrey, Suzette Huntress
- Nurse: Kella Lee
- Open House: August 16 from 6:00-7:30 PM
Schedule Pick Up
- Seniors: August 3 from 8:00-4:00 pm
- Juniors: August 4 from 8:00-4:00 pm
- Sophomores: August 5 from 8:00 - 4:00 pm
- Freshmen: August 8 from 8:00-5:00 pm & 5:00-6:00 pm parent meeting in the PAC
School Supply Lists are based on each child's schedule. Teachers will provide a school supply list during the first few days of school.