Keystone AEA Teacher Update
Family Literacy Night!
- Here are the van delivery schedules for the 2018-2019 school year! Copies of these calendars have been delivered.
- NEW FOR THE UPCOMING 2018-2019 SCHOOL YEAR! If you were previously signed up for the Book of the Month program as of March 30th you will be automatically enrolled for the upcoming 2018-19 school year and will receive the same subscription you currently have. If no changes are necessary you will begin receiving books when school resumes in the fall. If you require changes of any kind with your current Book of the Month subscription please email changes to me at email@example.com. If you were not signed up as of March 30, 2018 you will not be automatically enrolled so please take advantage of this opportunity to sign up for the Keystone AEA Book of the Month program! Receive every six weeks next school year a box of books for the grade level you request!
- Please go to the following website: http://media.aea1.k12.ia.us/4DACTION/M_LEA_Main?page=botm
Special Education Updates
ESY Reminders: (procedural guidance)
- the exception, not the rule
- the purpose is maintaining skills
- specialized transportation may be necessary
- individualized to meet student needs
- may look different than school year services
Graduation Changes - the State Board of Education adopted an amendment to the Iowa special education rules and Iowa now requires 4-3-3-3 for ALL students earning a high school diploma. This goes into effect May 30, 2018, so it impacts next year's freshman class. Additional tools will be coming from the DE.