The risks of texting and driving.
- Teens are at a all time risk, being new drivers and growing up with texting being a big part of their lives.
- According to textinganddrivingsafety.com in 20111.3 million wrecks are caused by texting and driving.
- Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.
- A Study from the University of Utah indicated that the reaction time of a teen driver using a cell phone is the same as a 70 year old driver who is not using a cell phone.
- According to FocusDriven, up to 80 Percent of all crashes involve some form of distraction
Click here to check out the latest story on Texting and Driving, http://www.wdrb.com/story/11366887/texting-while-driving-teen-shares-story
Hasley iii, Washington Post, May 2012
Jenny Li, State Farm.com. Web. 18 May, 2015
Teen Texting is OT,Even at Wheel, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette. Web.18 May 2015
Tips on how to stop Texting and Driving
- Turn your cell on "silent"
- Completely turn your cell phone off
- Put your cell out of reach (i.e. the trunk or glove box)
- Download an app that prevents you from texting while driving