December 7th, 2015
Your Help Is Needed for Some Christmas Fun!!
Our all school sing along is scheduled for the morning of December 18th. Mrs. Frakes needs:
- 12 volunteers to act out the Twelve Days of Christmas – Choose your character and get creative! Use props, movement, costumes, etc. Feel free to get your students involved.
- 10-15 volunteers to participate in a variety of “Minute to Win It” Christmas games –
o Snowball toss – 2-3 teams of 2 players – one player tosses marshmallows for the other to catch in a bowl
o Human Christmas tree – 2-3 teams of 2 players – teams work using the supplies provided to make the best human Christmas tree
o Do you wanna build a snowman? – 2-3 individuals – players use mini marshmallows to build as many snowmen as possible.
The 12 Days of Christmas does take a little bit of prep and planning, but all that is required for the games is that you be present that morning and ready to have fun. The kids will love watching their teachers being silly!
You can sign up on this Google Sheet: https://docs.google.com/a/g.birdvilleschools.net/spreadsheets/d/1jX-Z9lGghsHJ5Ke3SDoZ1InYBY0292EsuyHMDydiTxY/edit?usp=sharing
You can send an email to Mrs. Frakes if you'd like. Also on that sheet is a place for song requests. If you have some favorite songs that you’d like for us to sing, or songs that have become tradition, this is the place to let Mrs. Frakes know.
Finally, don’t forget our ugly sweater contest takes place that day as well, so start getting those ready! If you have last year's trophy, please bring to the music room.
Thank you all teachers for the great data and pedagogical conversations during PLC's!
Thank you staff for stepping up when our families needs Christmas Support!
Shout out to Mrs. Bridger, Ms. Self, and Mrs. Self for a GREAT Christmas party Friday evening!
Shout out to Mrs. Steed, Mrs. Downs, Mrs. Bridger, Mrs. Washington, and Mrs. Dotson for participating in the daily Twitter chats -- I love seeing all of your great ideas!
Need Parent Volunteers for Holiday Shop!
The holiday shop is an event held inside the school where kids can Christmas shop for their loved ones or themselves, December 7-11th in the SCIENCE LAB. Volunteers are needed to help assist the younger kids to shop, make sure there's no borrowing items, help bag purchased items, keep things running as smooth and efficient as possible. Hours are 8:10-3:30 p.m.. They would need to check in at the office and the office will tell them which room to go to. Volunteers can work as little or as much as they like. Please contact parents and ask them to email Misty Harvey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Monday December 7th Purple- NO STAFF MEETING, Reminder dismissal spots for classes to wait have been marked outside at the drive thru. Please make sure students are sitting single file. We'll need everyone's cooperation to see if this will help dismissal. Let's give this a shot!
Tuesday December 8th Red- College Shirt Day, Fall Picture Retakes, PTA/2nd grade Christmas Program 6:00 pm
Wednesday December 9th Orange- Windsuit Wednesday, LOL 3:45
Thursday December 10th Yellow- Last day for ASIRE FAll semester. No Good News Club
Friday-December 11th Green- Grants DUE!!! 2nd grade Polar Express
Thursday, December 17 (Orange 4)
- 8:20-9:00 - Kindergarten
- 9:05-9:45 - 1st Grade
- 9:50-10:30 - 2nd Grade
Friday, December 18 (Yellow 5)
- 8:20-9:00 - 3rd Grade
- 9:05-9:45 - 4th Grade
- 9:50-10:30 - 5th Grade
Make sure you go to the rotation listed above. Mrs. Hager and I will update the year-at-a-glance rotation schedule so that it is accurate when we come back from break.
If you are supposed to go to Mrs. Choate for music on either of these days, you will just take your students to the gym for PE instead.
If your time is during the sing along, the specials team will be responsible for monitoring your students.
Staff Member of the Month
- Get your nominations in by the end of the day tomorrow: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Azh2Me831zvWmLfpbHfC8AmybC1lM09B0IodxmyeE3Q/viewform?usp=send_form
Winter Holidays Slideshow
- I have created a Google doc where you or your students can add information to a slide about winter holidays and/or Christmas around the world. I already have 3 great slides on there, so thank you to whoever added those. :-) I will display this on the TV in the cafeteria after I get more slides added: https://docs.google.com/a/g.birdvilleschools.net/presentation/d/1q3KN70OMnc17bq8xU2gE8W05GLvaTHM-ScKEbUxmtIo/edit?usp=sharing
- If you use Google Classroom, I would love for your to email me your classroom code, so that I can join. I love getting to see the amazing things your students do and I love getting to interact with them. :-) Thank you, Mrs. Bridger, for letting me join yours!
- Do you have students who do not celebrate Christmas and cannot participate in your festivities? No problem, we will have one of our staff members provide an alternate activity for them outside of the classroom. Stay tuned for more info.
Have You Seen This!!!
StoryKit is a multimedia storytelling mobile app. It allows users to create electronic storybooks and share them with others. StoryKit is a practical tool for teachers. They can use it to create their own storytelling books and share them with their students. It is all free and anyone can use it easily. StoryKit is compatible with iPod touch, iPhone touch, and iPad.
http://bie.org/project_search/results/search&channel=project_search&category=315&&316&ps_first=315&ps_second=316/P30also Tier 1 Project Base Learning Ideas
http://www.texaspsp.org/ Project Base Learning Ideas
- Reading Fluency Passage Generator
Want to see our page?
Want to see our page?
Text to : 81010
Text this Message: @binion