Eagle Edition August 1, 2022
Euclid Elementary School 2022-23
Dear Euclid Families,
We are so excited to send out the first Eagle Edition of the 2022-23 school year! Not to worry...there are still a couple weeks of slow, summer days for our students to enjoy the freedom, sunshine, and messiness of summer play. There's a bit more time for easy-going family visits, later than normal bedtimes for some, and lots and lots of time for reading our favorite books together. Our office is open as of today, Monday August 1, and the building is still being scrubbed, waxed, organized and readied for a new year of learning and growing together.
Please plan ahead for the first day of school on Wednesday, August 17 and Open House for parents/guardians on Thursday, August 25.
Can't wait to see all of our families soon.
Ms. Daly, Principal
What's Happening @ Euclid?
August 1 - Euclid office opens 8am-4pm
August 8 - Homeroom assignments emailed to parent/guardians
August 9 - New Family Orientation 5:30p @ Euclid (Door 3)
August 13 - Boxwood Bash 2-4:30p
August 17 - First Day of School (1st-8th) - EARLY DISMISSAL @ 1:30pm
August 25 - Open House 6:00p
August 29 - MAP testing window begins
August 30 - Picture Day
September 8 - Ice Cream Social 6-7:30p
September 23 - Donuts with Grownups 7:30-8:30a
October 7 - Annual Walk-a-Thon (during the school day)
Euclid's New Family Orientation
Who is this for? Parents/Guardians/Students who are NEW to Euclid School. New 1st grade families, new 2nd-5th grade families.
When is it? Tuesday, August 9 5:30 - 6:30pm
Where should we go? Meet outside door #3 (if it's nice out!) or come into Door #3 and we'll meet inside that door!
What will we learn about? Arrival/dismissal, lunch/recess routines, building tour, general school rules, and time to ask questions.
What should we bring? Just the parent/guardian of your child and the student if you think the information /tour will help!
School Starts August 17 (EARLY DISMISSAL @ 1:30p)
- First Day: Wednesday, August 17
- Arrival: 8:30-8:45a (bell at 8:45a)
- Tardy arrival through office: starts @8:50a
- Dismissal: 3:40p (on all days EXCEPT the first/last days of school)
School Supply List: Be sure important supplies are labeled with your child's name. Plan on packing your child's backpack with supplies over the first 3 days of school. For example, on day
- bring folders, notebooks, writing, coloring, cutting/gluing
- & 3. any extras from above & larger items like paper towels, kleenex
- School Lunch - make sure you've opened and added money to a MealTime account for your child (see below)
- Home Lunch - label the lunch box/bag with name and homeroom and label any containers if they're not disposable; your child can buy a milk if you've set up a MealTime account to purchase one (see below); practice with your younger children independently opening packages and containers.
Community 5K with Mount Prospect Police Dept
Register to walk/run with our local police partners and many district teachers and administrators! If you aren't able to walk/run we'd love to see you along the route cheering for us!
Student Accounts for Breakfast/Lunch!
- My MealTime Account Application (for all families who are paying for lunch/breakfast)
- Create & Add to your child's meal account: MealTime is an easy online system to add to and keep track of your child's account used for breakfast & lunch. It can be set up to auto-reload too! You need to know your child's 5-digit school ID number. Student ID numbers can be found when logging into the parent portal. All families have received a paper mailer about Food Services for the coming year.
- Free and Reduced Application Account MealTime Online <-- go here to apply for free or reduced lunch.
- MealTime Online Application for FREE REDUCED Application Guide (English)
- Any students requiring meal modifications need to complete a form with the school nurse. If this is something your child needs, please contact Lisa Gutzler after August 8, 2022.
Euclid Parent Teacher Council (EPTC)
If your child goes to Euclid you are automatically a member of EPTC! WELCOME! We are an independent group so 100% of donations of time and money go directly back to our students and teachers. And, we are so excited for the upcoming year!
- Monthly PTC meetings @ Euclid and online: 2nd Wednesday of each month 7-8p.
- Monthly "Fill the Fridge" for our amazing teachers. Sign ups will be sent electronically 2-3 weeks ahead of collection dates. Donation collection dates below. Look out for the information email from EPTC soon!
- Jackie Nichols - President
- Stavonnie Patterson - Co-Vice President
- Renee Kowalczyk - Co-Vice President
- Carolyn Droll - Treasurer (returning!)
- Rhonda Hrobowski - Secretary
Attendance Line: 847-259-3303
Please call ahead or email with any questions. Thank you for your patience with trying to limit the traffic of people at Door #1.
Office Hours on School Days: 7:45m - 4:30pm
Main Office: 847-259-3303
- Erni Santiago firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ariceliz Perez email@example.com
- Lisa Gutzler (Nurse) firstname.lastname@example.org