The Monthly Mustang
The Official Newsletter for Wedgwood School Families
Wedgwood Students Compete in First Annual Just The Facts Tournament
Future Acts Club Helps our Community Gobble Up Hunger
Kickball Kraze: First Annual 5th Grade Kickball Tournament
Wedgwood School is No Place For Hate
Lost And Found
With the arrival of cold weather, we have many coats and sweaters piled high in our school's lost and found. If your child is missing items, please check our Lost and Found, currently on display in the main lobby. At the end of the first week of December, all unclaimed items will be donated to charity. Be sure to label all coats, jackets and lunch boxes with your child’s name to help ensure their return.
Guidelines for Student Medication
Please note that all medications (both prescription and over-the-counter) that are to be administered to students during school hours may be done so only in compliance of our Board of Education Policy and New Jersey State Law.
If your child requires medication during the school day, the following must be on file in the health office:
- Specific written instructions from the physician. Medication permission forms can be obtained in the health office.
- Written permission from the parent or guardian.
- The medication brought in by a parent/guardian in its original container and labeled by the pharmacy.
Please contact our school nurse, Mrs. Sernicola, at (856) 227-8110 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Book Swap Tables
Mr. Zimmerman's Monthly Picks
"I Am Harriet Tubman"
(part of the Ordinary People Change The World series)
by Brad Meltzer
"The Bad Seed"
by Jory John
"Amy and the Missing Puppy"
(Book One in the Critter Club series)
by Callie Barkley
"Zita The Spacegirl"
by Ben Hatke
"How Many Guinea Pigs Can Fit on a Plane?"
by Laura Overdeck
"Insignificant Events in the Life of a Cactus"
by Dusti Bowling
Wedgwood PTO Update
Wedgwood PTO's 5th Annual
Designer Bag Bingo & Basket Auction
It's our biggest fundraiser of the year!
Grab your friends and join us at our 5th Designer Bag Bingo, Basket Auction and 50/50!
Saturday, January 26, 2019
@ St. Charles Borromeo
Doors open @ 6:00 p.m.
Bingo Starts@ 7:00 p.m.
OVER 21 EVENT
The bags are GORGEOUS!!!
Tickets: $30 in advance; $35 at the door
Extra cards and dabbers will be sold.
Each class was assigned a basket theme, if you need a copy please email:
Restaurant Gift Card Raffle
Wedgwood PTO presents its $1,200 in Restaurant Gift Cards Raffle! Click here for the flyer.
$20.00 per ticket (one LUCKY winner will win ALL 12 gift cards--winner does not need to be present at the drawing)
Tickets will be sold during the week. Dates and times will announced via the Wedgwood PTO Remind and Facebook page, so check in often! Tickets will also will be sold the night of the HOLIDAY SHOP!
The winner will take home all of the following restaurant gift cards:
$100 Capital Grill
$100 Chickie's and Pete's
$100 PJ Whelihan's
$100 Holy Tomato Pie
$100 Salsa Fresco
$100 Sakura Hibachi
$100 Frankinville Inn
$100 Filomena's Lakeview
$100 Ott's on the Green
$100 Amalifi Pizza
Pats Select Pizza/Grill Coupon Booklets On SALE NOW!
The PTO is selling Pat's Coupon booklets for only $15.00! The coupon booklet includes $150.00 worth of coupons and a FREE LARGE PIZZA!
The PTO would like to thank all or our Wedgwood Mustang Families who came out and supped us! This event was successful because of you! Also, a BIG shout of to all of our Wedgwood Teachers and Staff who stopped by and supported the PTO! Finally, thank you to our fabulous teachers for working the Prize Wheel. Great job as always!
The Wedgwood PTO Holiday Shop 2018 is just around the corner! This three-day event
will take place during school hours. This year, we will offer a Family night. Students
will be given an opportunity to purchase gifts for their family and friends with help of
our wonderful volunteers! Click here for more information.
- Tuesday, December 11
- Family Night: Wednesday, December 12, 5:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. Paparazzi Jewelry will be available!
- Thursday, December 13
Would you like to volunteer for this festive event?
Please visit the link http://signup.com/go/fuyPdCi
Did You Say Yearbook?
The online ordering site is ready to go! Click or copy/paste the link below! www.ybpay.lifetouch.com
1504319 is the code
Picture Day 2018-2019
We are looking for a Chairperson or Co-Chairperson for 2019-2020. If you are interested please contact: WedgwoodPTO@yahoo.com
Have A Party and Support The PTO
Having a party? Are you renting from Dayna's Party Rentals? Mention Wedgwood PTO and we will receive a percentage!
Dayna's Party Rentals
731 E Black Horse Pike,
Blackwood, NJ 08012
We hope you will share your thoughts and ideas to makes this a wonderful year at Wedgwood! You can always reach us at WedgwoodPTO@yahoo.com or find us on Facebook.
Danielle J Moore, President
Renee Watson, Vice President
Christina DeLuca, Treasurer
Elizabeth Schmidt, Secretary
Arrival and Dismissal Procedures For Students
Please carefully review the following procedures for students who walk or are driven to and from Wedgwood.
- Walking students are to arrive at the school not earlier than 9:20 AM, which is five minutes prior to the start of our school day.
- Walking students, are dismissed at 3:40 PM, five minutes earlier than the other students. This includes those who will be picked up by a parent/guardian.
- Students walking home will exit down the walkers' path at the back of the school, toward Dorado Avenue.
Students Dropped Off
- All traffic must enter the Wedgwood parking lot through the entrance designated in the diagram above.
- Students who are dropped off to school will enter the building via the door by the playground.
- Students are to be dropped off to school no earlier than 9:20 AM, which is five minutes prior to the start of our school day.
- Parents/Guardians who are dropping students off must do so by allowing them to exit the vehicle along the sidewalk on the side of the building. Please do not park your car and drop off your child from the parking lot. Once your child has exited the vehicle, please continue on the drop-off loop as detailed in the illustration above.
Students Picked Up
- Students who will be picked up by a parent will exit the school from the door by the playground. Wedgwood staff will supervise all students until a parent comes and personally escorts the child to the vehicle.
- All parents/guardians who wish to pick up their students at dismissal or who require alternative arrangements for pickup must notify the main office in writing. All written notification should be directed to your child's classroom teacher as well as our main office secretary, Mrs. Mastripolito, so that your child's needs can be met. She can be reached at email@example.com. Students are not permitted to verbally tell Wedgwood staff that they require alternative arrangements for pickup; all requests must be made in writing by the student's parent/guardian. If a teacher does not receive a note about the change in the child’s regular dismissal, the child will be sent home on his/her assigned bus.
- Students who are scheduled to be picked up and do not have a parent/guardian present at the time of dismissal will be brought to the main office. As per district policy, we will attempt to contact the parent(s) and/or emergency contacts on file. If no contact can be made within 30 minutes following school dismissal, the main office will coordinate efforts with the Washington Township Police Department to make contact with the student's parent/guardian.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for reviewing the school calendar and complying with all school dismissal times and procedures.
- Students will board the busses in the loading area at the front of the school. Parents who are picking students up must send a note to their child’s teacher that morning.
- Parents must personally sign their child out at either the nurse’s or main office.
- If a teacher does not receive a note about the change in the child’s regular dismissal, the child will be sent home on his/her assigned bus. Students are not permitted to ride any other bus but the one that is assigned to them.
Get Connected with Wedgwood On Social Media
If you're on Facebook, go to https://www.facebook.com/wedgwoodwtps/ and "Like" the page.
Follow Wedgwood School on Remind
Dates At A Glance: December 2018
December 10 - WT Board of Education Work Session - Eileen Abbott Central Administration Building - 7:30 p.m.
December 11-13 - PTO Holiday Gift Shop
December 11 - Family Night
December 11 - TWP Tuesday
December 18 - WT Board of Education Meeting - Eileen Abbott Central Administration Building - 7:30 p.m.
December 21 - Early Dismissal - 2:05 p.m.
December 24-January 1 - School Closed: Winter Break