May 19, 2023
Bond Projects in Motion
We are excited to see several of the projects funded through the recent bond come to fruition over the summer. Starting next week with some of our gym renovations and the removal of two older buildings, you will see some changes. Some of the projects that will take place this summer include:
- New Front Drive
- New Parking Lots (West and East Side of School) and Front Drive
- New Front Entry and Office Renovation
- New Playground Equipment and Shade (Likely to be Completed in September)
- Movement of Playground to Area by the Gym
- Gym Restrooms and Storage Rooms Upgrade
- Transition to LED lighting
- Upgraded Wireless Access Points
- Replacement of Current P.A. System to Front Row System
- Upgraded Technology in Every Classroom
With all of these changes taking place, our campus will be closed to employees and the community after June 2 until around the time when staff returns from summer break. Mrs. Ashlock will work from the district's central office over the summer months. If you need to reach someone from our school, email will likely be the best option.
End of Year Celebration Events
We are excited to celebrate our students' work and good character demonstrated throughout the 2022-2023 school year. For our kindergarteners, we will celebrate the completion of what for many was their first year in school on Thursday, May 25, at 9:00 in the cafeteria. For our fifth graders, we will be recognizing their step up to sixth grade in a ceremony on Thursday, May 25, at 2:00 in the cafeteria. Families are invited with up to 4 guests per student in Kindergarten and 5th grade. These two ceremonies will each last around 30 minutes.
Other grade levels will have their end-of-year classroom recognition events in their classrooms on Friday, May 26. Parents will be invited to these celebrations as well, but are asked to limit the number of attendees to 2 family members per student due to space constraints.
- Pre-K - 11:30-12:00
- 1st Grade - 12:30-1:00
- 2nd Grade - 9:45-10:15
- 3rd Grade - 10:30-11:00
- 4th Grade - 11:30-12:00
Each student will be recognized in these classroom events which should last around 20-30 minutes.
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information to make a note of:
- Lost and Found - Please ask your child check the lost and found for any items they may have misplaced. It is overflowing with jackets and lunch kits. At the end of the year, these items will either be disposed of or donated. Contact the front office with any questions.
- Be sure to check out the MISD Summer Programs page for information about summer learning opportunities for your child.
Montgomery ISD Dyslexia Newsletter
The Dyslexia Interventionists are excited and proud of the progress MISD students have made during the 2022-2023 school year. We encourage ALL students to read throughout the summer so they can continue to apply the skills they have learned. This will prepare them for jumping back into school in the Fall.
Week of 5/22-5/26
Monday, May 22:
- MHS Senior Walk 9:00
Tuesday, May 23
Wednesday, May 24
Thursday, May 25:
- Kindergarten Graduation/Step Up Ceremony 9:00 am
- 5th Grade Clap Out/Step Up Ceremony 2:00 pm
- No Lunch Visitors Due to Classroom Picnic Lunches
Friday, May 26:
- Classroom Awards (PK, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th)
- PK - 11:30 am
- 1st - 12:30 pm
- 2nd - 9:45 am
- 3rd - 10:30 am
- 4th - 11:30 am
- Last Day of School
- August 10: First Day of School for 23-24 School year
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 457
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-April: 94.2%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 5/1-5/5: 94.7%
- 5/8-5/12: 94.8%
- 5/15-5/19: 93.6%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 5/15-5/19:
- Mrs. Lehmann - 99.0%
- Mrs. Moore - 98.0%
- Mrs. Schaper - 97.9%
- Mrs. Christian - 97.8%
- Mrs. McClain - 97.0%
- Ms. Haralson - 96.3%
- Mrs. Bush - 95.6%
- Mrs. Forrer - 95.6%
- Mrs. White - 95.0%
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
Lunch visitors who are on a child's emergency contact list are welcome to eat with that child on the stage during the student's lunch period. Visitors will need to check in at the front office with their ID and get a visitor badge. Please do not invite other students to join you or provide food or snacks for other students. When lunch is over, all students will line up with their class. Visitors will return to the front office to turn in their visitor badge.
A friendly reminder, we do not have an open lunch policy so please do not order food for your child from outside vendors to be delivered to the school during the school day (i.e. Uber Eats, Grub Hub, Door Dash, or any kind of delivery service). This becomes a safety concern when staff need to leave the front office to deliver food to students or take their focus off of families who have business in the office. Food deliveries also increase the number of unfamiliar people entering the building. Additionally, our lunch times are very tight and do not allow for late deliveries. We cannot allow for learning to be disrupted by early or late food deliveries. Thank you for understanding our focus on safety and uninterrupted instructional time.
- Pre-K - 10:40-11:10
- Kindergarten - 11:15-11:45
- 1st Grade - 10:45-11:15
- 2nd Grade - 12:15-12:45
- 3rd Grade - 11:35-12:05
- 4th Grade - 11:55-12:25
- 5th Grade - 12:35-1:05
School Hours, Attendance and Tardies
- Doors open at 7:50
- Tardy bell rings, and class begins at 8:15. (This is the time students are expected to be in their seats in the classroom.)
- School day ends at 3:40
We are working hard to maximize each and every minute our students are here. Students who arrive after 8:15 are considered tardy and will need to be walked into the front door of the building and signed in by a parent or guardian. If your child needs to leave early, they may be checked out through the front office by a parent or guardian.
Changes in transportation need to be made prior to 2:00 in order to allow time for the messages to be communicated with the appropriate staff member. To request a change of transportation, either
- Send a note with your child,
- Email LincolnElementaryTransit@misd.org with the note and a copy of your driver's license, or
- Come to the school with a copy of your driver's license.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700