February 3, 2020
Check your Numbers
- ISS - Make sure all K-12 students do not have more than 30 days in a year
- OSS - No more than 3 days in a row of ISS for 3-12 and no more than 2 days at a time for K-2 students (note k-2 students should have not more than 10 OSS's in a year)
- Threat Assessments - Make sure you have 3 professionals at all TA meetings. (Your counselor, SRO, and AP)
- Threat Assessments - Be sure you create the intervention plan the day you complete a TA if it is deemed a threat.
- Threat Assessments - All three (AP, SRO, and Counselor) meet every four weeks to review and update IP.
- Bullying/Harassment Allegations - You have 10 days to complete an investigation for all allegations
- MDR - Be sure that you are counting the days special ed and 504 students are out of placement. Before you get to 10 you need to complete an MDR.
- Attendance/Truancy - Be sure that students are on contracts by 8 unexcused absences and you are contacting Tessie at 10 unexcused absences.
Updates and Information
- Assistant Principal Meetings - Feb. 12th and 13th - The agenda will be posted by Friday.
- January 30th - Education Support Webinar - 10:00 - Recording to the zoom meeting
- The PEIMS staff has begun auditing the data to be submitted for summer submission which includes discipline information. You will be receiving reports throughout the end of the year for any errors detected. Please make the corrections as they are presented to you
Please share this with your secretary, counselors, and admin teams. If you have questions, call Student Services.
More Professional Development for You!
Do I engage my staff in book studies on pertinent topics? Book studies or book clubs are yet another important professional development tool that can help keep your staff focused on what matters most in your school. Selecting books that address the specific academic needs of your students is a good way to get your staff thinking collectively about topics. This is a key component of your practice as an instructional leader and professional development in your school.
Joe Baker - Area Director of Student Services X1083
Stephanie Cantu - Student Services Assistant X 1115
Laura Lockhart - Area Director of Student Services X 1105