"PEEK at PEAK" - Fifth Grade News
April 9, 2014
Very Important Bits and Pieces to Note:
- Open House: Monday, May 12 (more details to follow)
- No PEAK - April 16
- No PEAK - April 23
- PEAK resumes - April 30
- Last Day of PEAK: May 13
PEAK WORK SESSIONS: If your child would like extra time to work on projects!
- Tuesday, April 8 - 7:45 AM
- Wednesday, April 9- 7:45 AM
- Thursday, April 10 - 7:45 AM
- Friday, April 11 - 7:30 AM
- Monday, April 14 - 7:45 AM
- Friday, April 25 - 7:30 AM
- Monday, April 28 - 7:45 AM
- Tuesday, April 29 - 7:45 AM
- Wednesday, April 30 - 7:45 AM
- Monday,May 5 - 7:30 AM
- Tuesday, May 6 - 7:45 AM
- Wednesday, May 7 - 7:45 AM
Final Projects and Due Dates:
- Virtual Museums: We have no more class time to work on this!
- Additional Brain Project: Due May 7
- Consumer Reports Product Display: Due May 7
- Topic Study project: Due May 7
- Algebra packet: Due May 14
- Personal Growth and Development Profile and Reflection: Due May 14
- Science: We had a very successful testing day! It was so much to have the kids set up and run their testing stations!
- Topic Study: Some students worked on projects for Showcase!
- Today we continued to work on our virtual museums. Students are expected to include more information in the virtual museum than the feature magazine article.
- Students put their Virtual Museum in Drop Box so they could finish it at home! After the project is done - students should email it to me or share it on dropbox.
- Students also worked on a critical thinking piece - this also needs to be finished at home if they did not complete it in class!
POWER OF ONE PROJECT ALUMNI:
When: April 13 at 5:00 PM
Where: Woodneath Pool Trail
Donation: $5 / person, $10 per family (register and pay the day of the event)
What: HIllcrest moves families from Homeless to Self-sufficiency in 90 days with an 85% success rate 5 years after graduation. This is a very successful organization that is much more than just homeless housing, and the administrative fee's are very low in comparison to the majority of not for profits. Our proceeds will support the Liberty complex located just a few blocks east of the Square. Last year the proceeds from the FUN RUN were able to purchase a basketball goal for the children who live at Hillcrest.