News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - February 19, 2021
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
February’s Boomerang Asset is Caring – Nominations are due Feb. 26th & can be made by following this link: click here
Please consider nominating your child (or a child you know) for this month’s asset- Caring!
We know Warwick is filled with so many caring students! Let’s recognize all of the caring actions our students are demonstrating as we continue to celebrate Kindness this month!
Caring about others includes caring for a lot of different people: those in your family, neighborhood, school, community, state, country, and the world. It can also include caring for animals and the environment. Volunteering whether for a group or an individual is an excellent way for young people to show they care. But the easiest, quickest way for kids to demonstrate caring is to smile and lift the spirits of those around them!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Black History Month Spotlight
Attention 6th Grade
We are collecting baby pictures of the 6th grade class for the 20-21 yearbook! Be sure to follow the instructions below so that your student's photo is included. Please submit your picture to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, February 21. Thank you!
· Digital image only
· JPEG (JPG) only
· 1 picture only (Approximately 6-18 months old)
· If it is a scanned image of a hard copy, the hard copy that you scan cannot be larger than 4x6
· Include the student’s first and last name in the email
· Include the teacher’s name in the email
Student Spotlight - Snow Day Request
Written by: Mariana - 5th Grade
The snow days are cozy and beautiful! I spent this time sledding with my mom and brother, reading my favorite book, and drinking hot chocolate with marshmallows near the crackling fireplace. What did you do during your snow day? Let’s share these memories with our Warwick Bear family! Send in pictures about your snow day and submit them to Mrs. Adelman’s email through outlook. Click here to access it: email@example.com
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 10 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.