Mrs. Greene's 3rd Grade
February 12, 2016
A Great Ending...
What a way to end a busy week in Room 9...A very fun Valentine Party! Thank you so much to Kelly Kuehl for planning such a fun party. Thank you to the following parents for volunteering their time to help: Mrs. Larson, Mrs. Powers, Mr. McKee, Mrs. Wang, Mrs. Coplan.
Thank you for all the sweet treats and flowers I received for Valentine's Day. I felt very loved today!
Did you know that we begin ISTEP Testing the week of February 29. Our first test will be given Tuesday, March 1. We test each day that week. More information will come home as time draws near!
Did you receive your child's NWEA scores? Please let me know if you would like to meet to discuss your child's progress.
Don't forget that Monday is President's Day and there is no school.
Here is the plan for next week - February 16-20:
Reading: Unit 6 - How Can We Preserve Our Traditions?
- Analyzing language of text
- Writing CONSTRUCTED RESPONSES - this is hard!
- Learning about Test Siblings - ask your child about this!
Science: Rocks and Minerals
- Sorting Rocks and Minerals according to their properties
Math: Unit 8 Area and Perimeter
- Formula of a rectangle
- Formula of a parallelogram
- Formula of a triangle
- Test will be next Tuesday, February 23.
- Keep working on xtramath.org - IT REALLY HELPS YOUR CHILD WITH MORE CHALLENGING MATH SKILLS TO HAVE FACTS MEMORIZED!