2023 Reading Rocks Kick Off Today!
Shannon Park Fundraiser: September 16 - October 1
Reading Rocks Kick Off
Shannon Park Site Council is excited to kick off Reading Rocks! As the largest fundraiser of the year, 100% of funds raised through Reading Rocks will provide opportunities for Shannon Park students! Reading Rocks is part of our amazing school legacy, and our team is so proud to say that 100% of the proceeds stay at Shannon Park.
Your family can choose how to participate, and your donors can choose how to give! With your participation, we are hoping to meet our $25,000 goal! Any donation is appreciated and $50.00 raised per student helps us meet our goal! Donations can be made by cash, check, or online. Please make any checks payable to Shannon Park Booster Club. Materials will be going home with your child today with more detailed information about Reading Rocks! Thank you, in advance, for your participation! Donations can be made by cash, check, or online. Please make any checks payable to Shannon Park Booster Club.
Will Mr. Davis have to get Slimed?
Double Your Donation
Did you know that many companies will match employee gifts to eligible nonprofit organizations as a way to encourage their employees to give back to the community? With employer-matched gifts, you can double or even triple your contribution!
How do I request a matching gift?
Check with your employer to see if they offer a matching gift program. Your gift to Reading Rocks could be doubled! If so, request a matching gift form from your employer, and send it to Shannon Park completed and signed after you've made your donation. It's that easy!
To celebrate our Reading Rocks Fundraiser success, all Shannon Park students and staff members are invited to dress like a book character on Friday, September 29th!
Guidelines to keep in mind:
- No costume masks may be worn.
Feel free to bring a copy of the book that includesthe character that you are representing.
You may bring accessories (a honey pot for Winniethe Pooh), but they cannot be toy weapons or any other objects that might be considered threatening.
- Nothing ghoulish or scary is acceptable.
Reading Rocks Timeline
September 16 - October 1: Read. Fundraise. Donate.
September 22: Popcorn & Read Day
September 29: Book Character Day!
October 1: Last day to record reading minutes.
October 2: Turn in Reading Rocks Paperwork or send an electronic copy of it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Because of your generosity in past years, we celebrated the following:
- Purchase of Award Winner Books for Library
- New Instruments for Music Specialist
- Special Education – Student Fidget Tools
- Kindergarten – Scholastic Magazine Subscription
- 1st Grade – Teaching Clocks and Videos
- 2nd Grade – “Weather for Children” DVDs
- 2nd Grade - Reader’s Theatre Scripts
- 3rd Grade - Raptor Center School Visit
- 4th Grade – Wobble Chairs for Students
- 5th Grade – Voice Amplifiers
- 5th Grade – Guest Speaker, Jacqueline West
- Adventures in Art Supplies
- Summer Library Prizes
- K-5 Education Presentation “Images of the World”
- Summer School Supplies
Dry erase boards
- Apps for iPad
- Student Magazine subscriptions
- Art supplies
- Headphone pouches for library
- binding machine