Longfellow Elementary Weekly Update
Friday, January 17, 2020
PTO meeting Tuesday January 21
Skating for Grades 2-5 starts January 23/24
Skating will start January 23/24 for Grades 2-5 during their gym time. It will run for 6 weeks. Kids can wear their boots if they don't have skates. Kids can bring helmets but NO hockey sticks. Parents are welcome to come and skate or help tie skates. Just come to the warming house and meet Mrs. Kaldor there.
Grades K & 1 will not go out this year. The 20 minute time slot, along with having a traveling PE teacher, just does not allow it. Skating will be something they can look forward to when they get into 2nd grade.
Schedule for skating:
Thursday, January 23--A Day
Friday, January 24--B Day
Thursday, January 30—B Day
Friday, January 31—A Day
Thursday, February 6—A Day
Friday February 7—B Day
Thursday, February 13—B Day
Friday February 14—A Day
Thursday, February 20—A Day
Friday February 21—B Day
Thursday, February 27—B Day
Friday, February 28—A Day
Call or email Mrs. Kaldor with questions.
Longfellow Talent Show February 7
The LONGFELLOW TALENT SHOWCASE will take place on FRIDAY, February 7 in the gym at Longfellow from approximately 6:30-7:30 pm with a short intermission, if needed.
There is no admission cost. Families and friends are invited to watch!
Signup sheets went home in the VIP folders this week. Students may also sign up via email email@example.com. Include student’s name, grade/teacher, what they will do, including song title and instrument, if applicable
· Participants should arrive 15 minutes prior to the start of the show. The order of the show will be available the week of the show.
· A practice will be held before the Showcase during the school day the week of the show. Day/time TBD. Student should bring anything he/she needs for his/her act to school the day of the practice
· Music should be on CD or emailed if possible. Please contact Karin Rudd if you need help finding music.
· Acts should be no longer than 3 minutes (shorter is fine)
· This is a showcase not a competition
· Parent volunteers may be needed – sign up after February 3
· Talent options include – but not limited to – singing, dancing, playing an instrument, acting, sports feature, yo-yoing, a short reading of one’s writing
· Anyone interested is encouraged to participate
· Questions? Contact Karin Rudd at firstname.lastname@example.org or text/call 701-388-1793
Fargo Public Schools Kindergarten Registration starts February 1
Kindergarten Registration for Fall 2020 opens online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/registration on February 1, 2020. Child must be age 5 by July 31, 2020 to attend school in the fall.
Registration is a two-step process: online registration and document submission.
STEP ONE: Registration can be completed at home online anytime or at computer kiosks in the office at each Fargo Public elementary school building on the following dates with extended office hours:
- February 24, 26, and 28 – 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- February 25, 27, and March 2 – 7:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
STEP TWO: Once online registration has been completed, families MUST bring the following documents to the school their child will attend to finalize their child’s registration:
- Child’s certified birth certificate
- Child’s current immunization record
- Document (i.e. current city utility bill or bank statement) that includes parent/guardian name and address to verify the correct neighborhood school
If you do not know which school your child will attend, call 701.446.1043 or check online at www.fargo.k12.nd.us/boundarymaps.
Questions? Call the school office or Betsy Beaton at 701-446-1043.
Please help us with our daily attendance by calling the school if your child is absent or will be leaving early. By calling the school we are able to insure that your child is safe and accounted for each day.
Please call the office ( 446-5051) or email Patty Edlund at email@example.com.
If your child arrives at school after the bell rings at 8:30AM, they will need to stop at the office to get a tardy slip before going to the classroom.