Insider News: 2017 Wall St Program
October 15 - 18 in NYC
Mark your Calendar! Application Timeline
August 4 : Wall Street Application opens on Tribe Careers
August 25: Priority Deadline - To be considered for early acceptance
September 8: Final Deadline if spaces are still available
September 20: Final student confirmation
No applications past the final deadline date will be accepted.
There will be no exceptions.
FINANCE RECRUITING NEWS
News from Goldman Sachs: Our 2018 Summer & Full-Time Analyst applications open TODAY. We extend offers on a rolling basis, so early submission is encouraged. Learn more: http://click.gs.com/vcwa
Upcoming JP Morgan Deadlines:
- Winning Women Commercial Banking (In Dallas, TX): Apply HERE by August 15
- Commercial Banking Launching Leaders (Chicago, IL): Apply HERE by August 15
Barclays' Summer Internship Opportunities for 2018: https://joinus.barclays/americas/internships/
M&T Bank annual Women's Leadership Symposium application deadline is August 25th. M&T will also be at William & Mary during the Fall On Campus Recruiting Season. See TribeCareers for detailed information.
Deadlines for summer analyst programs are earlier than ever. You are strongly encouraged to apply early so you do not get left behind. Here are a few tips for a successful finance job and internship search:
- Update your Tribe Careers account & upload a current copy of your resume.
- Sign up for the Accounting/Finance newsletter through TribeCareers.
- Sign up for the Finance Academy's listserv. If you are not on the listserv, email Rita Murphy at email@example.com. Any students with an interest in finance are welcomed to be a part of the listserv.
Register TODAY for Training the Street!
Training the Street is a two-part workshop on corporate valuation and financial modeling that helps prepare students for competitive finance internship and job interviews (http://trainingthestreet.com/). This valuable training is offered at many top banks and financial institutions; the Boehly Center in the Mason School of Business brings this training program to campus each semester, and thanks to the generous sponsorship of our benefactors, we are able to provide this program on campus at no cost to students.
We are happy to announce that we have been able to schedule a special session of TTS to take place right at the start of the Fall semester, before the campus Career Fair, Finance Academy’s From DoG Street to Wall Street event, the Career Center’s Wall Street Program, etc. The workshops will be held on Friday, September 1 from 2-6 pm, and Saturday, September 2 from 11 am to 3:30 pm. Students must be able to participate in both 4 hour seminars in order to register, so please check your schedule carefully before registering.
Participation is limited to 45 students, first come, first served.
APPLICATION SPOTLIGHT: Writing Your Resume
- CHECK COHEN'S WEBSITE regarding resumes and job search strategies.
- INDIVIDUAL APPOINTMENT: Career advisors are available to meet with you in person to critique your resume and provide feedback. Call (757-221-3231) or stop by the Cohen Career Center to schedule your appointment. Cohen is open M-F, 8-5, all year round.
- QUICK ADVISING HOURS: No appointment needed! Simply drop by Cohen for a quick 15-minute review of your resume. See the Cohen Career Center Website for the current Quick-Advising Hours.